Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Press Conference July 17

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This will be the Model X reveal, and announcing a time line for design studio and deliveries. I don't think Elon himself would lead a press conference for a firmware upgrade alone or announcing a new CFO. I would not be surprised if a firmware change were announced at the same time. What have been the subjects of previous Elon TM press conferences in the last 2 years?

This will be the Model X reveal, and announcing a time line for design studio and deliveries. I don't think Elon himself would lead a press conference for a firmware upgrade alone

Elon once called a press conference to announce the "end to range anxiety" software update for the Model S.

People might not want to get their hopes up too much.

Tesla could take an easy way by sending out emails to reservation holder with a link to the design studio. Because opening a design studio for Model X is a significant milestone for the investors and reservation holders, Elon chose to make this phone-in announcement. Although my reservation is 60xx, I'm still hopeful that I would get a Model X delivery before the year ends.

fwiw, I'm not assuming it will be anything about the X (though I'd love to be surprised). If he were showing the X, it would not be a phone-in press conference. He'd want people (i.e., photographers) there to see the X.

I'm thinking financials-related, new factory to be built oversees (Asia maybe), something like that.

The end-range-anxiety press call was on March 19. On it, Elon also talked about the forthcoming 7.0 update and I do not think that he would then have another call just to talk about the same thing.

Also on the end-range-anxiety call, I recall that he talked about doing press calls more regularly. I think they're going to be doing press calls every few months and this is the 2nd one in the series. I think it explains why this one seems to be more stealthy.

I think Elon will announce that autopilot will roll out "in the next several months", lol.

As much as I like and admire Elon, I have to admit that I feel a bit of the same cynicism.

On the one hand, a lot of this stuff is really difficult in terms of engineering, but on the other hand, people do get tired of waiting for promised features.

Hard to imagine that you can have a 1 hour press release on the next billion campaign. Its an ad campaign for test drives, no different than the "Double Black". No press release for that. I'm concerned that of they need a press release for this campaign, there are other things coming they are worried about. Do they need to put some positives out there first? I certainly hope not. I'm expecting it's an announcement about the V7.0 software with new autopilot features while hoping is an announcement about the release of the MX.

Elon said their won't be a big reveal of the X until the first deliveries. I'm sure that this is the way he'd want to let the press know that the ordering page is open. Throw in 7.0 and hopefully Roadster 3.0. The last two were said to be in testing or near approval in June, by Elon himself.