Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stellantis NACS tea leaves

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is not anything certain, but Stellantis recently dropped a hint; as reported by the Detroit Free Press:
Detroit Free Press said:
During a media roundtable on Monday to discuss the new unit, one of the first questions from reporters focused on whether Stellantis would adopt the Tesla charging connector, known as the North American Charging Standard (NACS) as General Motors, Ford and others have recently announced. While there was no news on that front Monday — the company has said it’s evaluating NACS — Stamatti did say at one point that there is a “pending NACS announcement.”
Of course, the "pending NACS announcement," once made, could be anything from a deal similar to the ones Ford, GM, and Rivian have struck all the way to "Elon Musk is Satan and we will work to destroy Satan's spawn, NACS!" I think the former is far more likely than the latter, but an announcement that they will not be adopting NACS is entirely plausible.

Anyhow, it sounds like there will be solid news from Stellantis fairly soon.
Screenshot 2023-06-27 3.37.07 PM.png

Well they did it sort of. While Stellantis adopted the J3400 connector, they did not sign with Tesla to become a NACS partner in order to gain access to the Supercharger network. Though they will consider doing so in the future. (Maybe once they actually have EVs to sell in North America.)

Tesla has been installing SuC for a long time. I think Stellantis needs to wake up. It will take them a long time to build their supposed 30,000 charge points, and why not use the Tesla SuC whilst they are building them out and open them up to every one whilst they are at it? Seems like ego problem to me??? Where am I going wrong?

Tesla has been installing SuC for a long time. I think Stellantis needs to wake up. It will take them a long time to build their supposed 30,000 charge points, and why not use the Tesla SuC whilst they are building them out and open them up to every one whilst they are at it? Seems like ego problem to me??? Where am I going wrong?
I think they're just keeping their options open. Nothing says they can't hammer out an agreement for SuC access later. For that matter, they could be in negotiations right now, but decided to make this announcement rather than put off the news that they're going to use the connector any further.