Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Signature Configuration has begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who have access now (I don't with my late Sig number), what are the exterior color options? Also, I, too would like screen shots showing the front of the vehicle if possible and info on the lights.

What about this modification of your theory - The second row seats first tilt back so the back of the seat is horizontal to the floor and the bottom of the seat is vertical. Then the seat sinks towards the floor and pushes forward. Then the 3rd row seats tilt forward and push towards the front to be on top of the 2nd row seats.

This way you have more open space where the 3rd row seats were and then you also have a more flat area where the 3rd row seat backs are the floor on top of the second row seats.

This would be some interesting engineering that might explain the challenges in the second row. The second row seat track would have to be able to move forward and also raise up and down to accomplish this.

This is what I was kind of getting at. I think the 2nd row seats will bend but only so that it can look like this --> \\_ when pushed up against the front seats.

What about this modification of your theory - The second row seats first tilt back so the back of the seat is horizontal to the floor and the bottom of the seat is vertical. Then the seat sinks towards the floor and pushes forward. Then the 3rd row seats tilt forward and push towards the front to be on top of the 2nd row seats.

This way you have more open space where the 3rd row seats were and then you also have a more flat area where the 3rd row seat backs are the floor on top of the second row seats.

This would be some interesting engineering that might explain the challenges in the second row. The second row seat track would have to be able to move forward and also raise up and down to accomplish this.

I love this idea. I had the same idea for the 2nd row, but that would let big parts of the leather unprotected. That would be fixed by having 3rd and 2nd row against each other, protecting the leather.

Okay, as requested here is a Design Studio interior with White Leather Seats, Carbon Fiber Decor, and White Alcantara Headliner. If you look back at the order screens, note that only the rear two seats fold down.

View attachment 92593

What could the silver object be, that is just visible under the closest second row seat? A device or mechanism to turn the second row seats forward completely, creating a flat surface? The floor created by the third row folding down appears to be pretty high. That leaves space for the second row seats to 'bow' forward and create an even loading floor. Just speculating.

That's supposed to be all three rows (with 3rd and 2nd row folded):

View attachment 92596

what if theres some space underneath and it butts up and under the front seats

under.png

or maybe like this

down.png

With all of the extra space in the floor, I bet the second row of seats turn forward and lower at the push of a button. Similar to the pictures posted here on the past couple of pages.

The EPA mileage and 0-60 are not as good as expected, but still plenty for most of us.

Parking sensors, blind spot and automatic braking is all standard which is great for those looking for the safety but have no interest in the auto-pilot features.

Wheels look awesome on the Sig but I would love to see what the base look like. Curious about the size as well.

Looking forward to all the additional pictures of the design studio!

I tried to back out the options (guessing some of the prices) to figure out the price and I came in around $85k for the X70. Would anyone be kind enough to show a screen shot of the price with the "show selected options" expanded?

View attachment 92599

This was my original thought on page 7. But I was thinking more vertical like --> \\_ as in the seat straightens out flat. I know the design doesn't look like it would, but I don't know, just guessing since we only see photos. Maybe the leather is flexible to straighten?

- - - Updated - - -

That looks NSFW!

2nd row is Always big spoon.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 92599

or maybe like this

View attachment 92600

Anyone else?
1tetris_nintendo1.gif

I have figured it out! :cool:

I speculated ages ago about the second row seats rotating 90degrees outwards to allow for easier access, what if they can rotate 180degrees, thus allowing a flat base the whole way.

tesla.png

So... the driver's visor folds away to the left, hinged at the A pillar :)
First and third row do have hinges between seat-back and seat, 2nd row don't seem to "hinge" (see the unbroken outside edge) but these can have some kind of overall acrobatic trick as other posts are exploring.

It also appears that the second row seats shown here are optional, since it lists "Independently operable, 3-adult second row seats" under the list of options included with the Signature series. I suspect a more traditional 60-40 folding bench second row will be standard for those concerned with how the seats fold flat.