Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Signature Configuration has begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's add two screen shots that will explain most everything. What are missing are the screen shots of paint, wheels and interior. As with Signature S, the original Signature Multi-Coat Red is back. All other colors for S are available for Signature X. New Turbine design wheels are available in 20 or 22 inches. White leather returns for the Signature X as an option along with Tan or Black seat colors. Dash materials have one added, Dark Ash Wood. Notice that the price on the first screen is without the three available options. The second screen shows the price with all three options. Also notice the possible delay with the Subzero Weather Package.
Thank you for the screenshots! Do you have more of the interior, paint color, wheels, seat options etc?

5000 pound towing capacity
My 2006 BMW 525d E61 had 4400 lb and my 2004 Renault Laguna 1.9 dCi had 3300 lb. I rarely pulled more than 2000 lb. I'd say 5000 lb is good enough for most loads.

With 90 kWh battery EPA is the same as with 70D. I think it is worse than expected?
I have recently tested and found out that a 2015 70D is more energy efficient than a 2013 P85. So in reality, a Model X 90 kWh should have good enough range as long as the speed is not too high.

I think it is safe to say it won't.
Most superchargers are about 150 km/100 mi apart. So most of the time, charging to 50 % is enough to get to the next supercharger. With a trailer, the car is limited to a lower speed which naturally reduces consumption. So I'm guessing that the energy consumption will go up by 50-80 %. Worst case is that you have to charge to 90-95 % to be able to go to the next supercharger.

I hope the retractable spoiler can be configured to stay low/still in winter. Otherwise it will try to push away snow and ice. Or even worse, try to retract when there's snow and ice surrounding it.

Last edited:
I must say I am quite surprised at the price (as in, lower than I expected.)

According to Mark Z's post, the price with all options included for the MX Sig is $143,750; whereas the price all options included for the MS P90D is $143,000.

This really is good ! I frankly expected the MX to be something like 20% pricier than the MS, but it does not appear to be the case. We'll have to see how the base model is priced for confirmation.

GreenT - The screens are only available to those who made a deposit on a Signature X. In my case the deposit was made long ago back on February 9, 2012. The exciting Model X Reveal was attended by many who had ordered Model S. We were given an opportunity to make deposits on a Signature or standard Model X that night. Here is the link: My Experience at Teslas Model X Reveal - GM-VOLT : Chevy Volt Electric Car Site GM-VOLT : Chevy Volt Electric Car Site

I post on GM-Volt since the ordering days of Chevrolet Volt. The readers include a great group of engineers who are really interested in the details of the Electric Vehicles, so I continued to post my history of my Model S as well: Tesla Personal Delivery - GM-VOLT : Chevy Volt Electric Car Site GM-VOLT : Chevy Volt Electric Car Site

I am pleased that several will obtain their Model X for free. Those of us who have enjoyed Signature S have priceless memories over the last two + years. The enjoyment will continue with Model X and who knows, maybe a Signature III. A huge "Thank You" to Tesla Motors for giving us the opportunity to enjoy these fantastic electric vehicles that set a new standard of automotive excellence.

Last edited by a moderator:
GreenT - The screens are only available to those who made a deposit on a Signature X. In my case the deposit was made long ago back on February 9, 2012. The exciting Model X Reveal was attended by many who had ordered Model S. We were given an opportunity to make deposits on a Signature or standard Model X that night. Here is the link: My Experience at Teslas Model X Reveal - GM-VOLT : Chevy Volt Electric Car Site GM-VOLT : Chevy Volt Electric Car Site

I post on GM-Volt since the ordering days of Chevrolet Volt. The readers include a great group of engineers who are really interested in the details of the Electric Vehicles, so I continued to post my history of my Model S as well: Tesla Personal Delivery - GM-VOLT : Chevy Volt Electric Car Site GM-VOLT : Chevy Volt Electric Car Site

I am pleased that several will obtain their Model X for free. Those of us who have enjoyed Signature S have priceless memories over the last two + years. The enjoyment will continue with Model X and who knows, maybe a Signature III. A huge "Thank You" to Tesla Motors for giving us the opportunity to enjoy these fantastic electric vehicles that set a new standard of automotive excellence.

That makes sense. I thought only one Model X was free based on referrals?

Okay, as requested here is a Design Studio interior with White Leather Seats, Carbon Fiber Decor, and White Alcantara Headliner. If you look back at the order screens, note that only the rear two seats fold down.

White Interior X.jpg

I am sorry but from the Tesla referral program:
In addition, those who make five referrals will receive a free Tesla Powerwall (including installation), as well as an invitation for them and a guest to attend the Gigafactory grand opening party. Those who make ten referrals will get the right to purchase a fully loaded Founder Series Model X, which is not available to the public, for the price of a base-level Model X—roughly a $25,000 saving. The first person to make ten referrals will get a fully loaded Model X for free.