Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering Model X purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Get the 5 Seater. Keep the second row seat backs up! Remove the false floor of the trunk to get more height in back. You might want to construct a new false floor cover for the sub trunk space to make it level.

You really should keep the dog in a pen in the back, for safety. With the configuration that I just described, you could get a pretty big pen.
If I can fit one yes, at the moment just have harness and seat belt setups

Thank you sir, really appreciate you testing that, the loaner had a 6 seater configuration so I was left to my imagination on what could fit in a 5 seat configuration.
My 5 seater is also plenty fast. It has an “Insane” mode, which I rarely use. Most of the time I’m on “sport”. Pretty much, the only time I’m on Insane is when I’m showing the car to someone new, and I want to take their breath away with the acceleration! lol!!!

Wait , does the performance model come in 5/7 seater option

May go with that used, I assume this is the 2021 chassis?

Do you know chassis names? I only know of the palladium chassis for the S
Yes the previous "performance" version was indeed available in all the seat configurations. Why they now limit it to the 6 seater is beyond me.

I would not go to the previous version. Remember that above 30mph, the most recent X "long range" or "base" is FASTER than the previous Performance version. The only thing the older performance version had on the current X is the 0-30mph.

Additionally the newer refresh models have tons of improvements over the older models. Quieter, better ride, better interior, better screen, etc. There is no reason to consider the old performance version.

If you can qualify for the tax credit with the 5 seater model that is a nice deal and hard to beat! You can always go buy a yoke from Tesla in the future and have it installed if you really like that. Heck you can go buy autopilot or FSD later on as well.

My 5 seater is also plenty fast. It has an “Insane” mode, which I rarely use. Most of the time I’m on “sport”. Pretty much, the only time I’m on Insane is when I’m showing the car to someone new, and I want to take their breath away with the acceleration! lol!!!
Pardon my question as I'm not up to speed on the MX models - is insane mode available on the current MX base model? Or is this something that only the Plaid has? Or is this mode only available on prior MX models?

Reactions: CircuitBreaker
Pardon my question as I'm not up to speed on the MX models - is insane mode available on the current MX base model? Or is this something that only the Plaid has? Or is this mode only available on prior MX models?
The current models all have three acceleration modes. Chill, Sport and Insane (long range). Chill, Sport and Plaid (Plaid). Earlier years, the non-performance models only had two, Chill and Sport.

While no competition for the Plaid, the current Long Range X comes standard with Ludicris mode :) It is pretty quick for a family/dog hauler.

While there have been an occasional post from people needing work done on their Falcon Wing Doors, for the most part they have been pretty bullet proof. Super convenient and something special.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
Yes the previous "performance" version was indeed available in all the seat configurations. Why they now limit it to the 6 seater is beyond me.

I would not go to the previous version. Remember that above 30mph, the most recent X "long range" or "base" is FASTER than the previous Performance version. The only thing the older performance version had on the current X is the 0-30mph.

Additionally the newer refresh models have tons of improvements over the older models. Quieter, better ride, better interior, better screen, etc. There is no reason to consider the old performance version.

If you can qualify for the tax credit with the 5 seater model that is a nice deal and hard to beat! You can always go buy a yoke from Tesla in the future and have it installed if you really like that. Heck you can go buy autopilot or FSD later on as well.
Great information, you saved me much research and comparison, I was literally doing just that on my free time between compiles xD

But I hate the yolk, have used it rather a steering wheel

While no competition for the Plaid, the current Long Range X comes standard with Ludicris mode :) It is pretty quick for a family/dog hauler.

While there have been an occasional post from people needing work done on their Falcon Wing Doors, for the most part they have been pretty bullet proof. Super convenient and something special.
Yea , the other thought is if I want to go custom and build a dog impact crate into the vehicle, 5 seater with seats removed or 6 seater with the removed seat mod(most effort possible and tesla dislikes this ALOT) at least my service center, asking my direct manager today when I return the Model X loaner

When was the cutover to the refreshed models? In my travels to date it looks like 2022 or later - but it looks like there were some changes between 2022-2023 - such as an upgraded screen that pivots just as one example - or was this screen change part of the overall refresh you're referring to? I am trying to target the refreshed models only during my searching.

Reactions: CircuitBreaker
When was the cutover to the refreshed models? In my travels to date it looks like 2022 or later - but it looks like there were some changes between 2022-2023 - such as an upgraded screen that pivots just as one example - or was this screen change part of the overall refresh you're referring to? I am trying to target the refreshed models only during my searching.
To my knowledge new chassis was delivered in 22, but there were some updates such as lights during 23 production but I am not an expert on this so I cannot verify validity of this

The new "refreshed" Palladium started in '22 for the X I believe. For the S there are some '21s that are the newer "refreshed" versions.

Every few months Tesla tends to upgrade something so it's a bit of a moving target. For example the lights got upgraded at some point.

I have a pivoting screen and it's a '22. The '23s at some point got the HW4 system with radar. That's important if you want FSD but if FSD is not important then it doesn't much matter.

90 lb German Shepherd in 23 XP, fits... just barely. I wouldn't say he's wild about the 6 seater configuration.

Attachments

• IMG_3699.jpeg
    IMG_3699.jpeg
    530.8 KB · Views: 27