Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Undecided...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.....between ordering a new 2023/24 Model X (standard) and 2023/24 Model X Plaid.

6-seat configuration is a must for us, so the price difference is $8500 (vs the nominal $15k)

On one hand, the standard is fast enough....OTOH, never owned a Plaid, so YOLO?

Really not sure...interested in learning how you would think about it, and if you made such a decision recently, what tilted you one way vs the other.

What decision would you make, and if you did go one way or other, any regrets / anything you'd do different?

Coming from a 2015 Model S 70D, if that matters...

Thanks much!

Reactions: Msicario
My P100D is a hoot. Another 300 HP sounds insane but in a good way. My P100D will drain the blood from your face and snap your neck, literally. If you have nervous or new drivers in the family, you might want to steer clear. The accelerator pedal needs a gentle touch.

.....between ordering a new 2023/24 Model X (standard) and 2023/24 Model X Plaid.

6-seat configuration is a must for us, so the price difference is $8500 (vs the nominal $15k)

Really not sure...interested in learning how you would think about it, and if you made such a decision recently, what tilted you one way vs the other.

What decision would you make, and if you did go one way or other, any regrets / anything you'd do different?

Thanks much!

Id probably pick up a LR if I were to buy another X

Reactions: scottf200
just picked up my plaid, and i’ll rarely full send 1000 hp, but it’s the extra responsiveness from 20-40 mph, or 30-60mph, that mid-throttle extra oooomph that makes it worth it. plus the red calipers and the carbon trim makes it a little more special.

Reactions: Genie
Owner of a standard 2022 Model X 6-seat configuration. Had no desire for a Plaid, it'd be a waste for me (coming from Model S 85D). Also it'd look pretentious and showy among my friends and acquaintances (heck even the base Model X does). Whatever I "saved" from not buying the Plaid I probably spent in accessories, wrap, etc. No regrets.

IMHO, if you are fortunate enough to be in a position to choose freely with no constraints, do whatever makes you happy. It's a totally personal decision and there's no one right answer.

Best of luck!

Bruce.

Thanks much!
It’s a no brainer 😲 If you have the 💰 the X Plaid 👍🏻

I decided to go with a Plaid with 20 inch wheels as a good compromise for range, performance, and comfort. We definitely wanted the 6 seats and at the time (early Sept) the price difference was ~$3500 for extra motor. No regrets. We don’t launch it around town but the acceleration merging into the highway is ridiculous. Have only done something crazy with it once when I was alone on the highway and was taking turns leading/leap frogging with some other cars - Waze showed it was clear and 70-135 was done in a blink of an eye (at least it felt that way). Got it out of my system so no need to ever go that fast again.

I decided to go with a Plaid with 20 inch wheels as a good compromise for range, performance, and comfort. We definitely wanted the 6 seats and at the time (early Sept) the price difference was ~$3500 for extra motor. No regrets. We don’t launch it around town but the acceleration merging into the highway is ridiculous. Have only done something crazy with it once when I was alone on the highway and was taking turns leading/leap frogging with some other cars - Waze showed it was clear and 70-135 was done in a blink of an eye (at least it felt that way). Got it out of my system so no need to ever go that fast again.
I was in the same boat when I placed my order. I was all for the LR but really wanted the 6 seats. For the $3500 difference, It was a no brainer to go with the Plaid instead. I don't really care about 0-60 but now I have piece of mind that if I'm going 80mph and hammer down, the vehicle will continue to pull hard instead of getting winded.