Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model X LR+ w/FSD 40k miles for $48k - yes or no?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The cameras are there, the screen is there and shows 3 cameras when reversing. Seems like an OTA update could make that happen if they are serious about improving the vehicles over time that way.
Please know that I’m asking out of sheer curiosity.

Turn signals already show the side repeater cameras (on the center screen). The blind spot collision detection already exists and it also can beep and bring you back in your own lane if you’re about to hit someone in your blind spot. I know for a fact that this works in all Teslas.

How would an OTA add physical lights in the side mirrors exactly?

Turn signals already show the side repeater cameras (on the center screen)…. I know for a fact that this works in all Teslas.
No it does not. The turn signal does not bring up the side camera view on my 2017 model X (with MCU2.) I believe this feature was never added for any of the vertical screen cars. I have wondered why not. It is indeed at the top of my list for things that this legacy car is missing.

No it does not. The turn signal does not bring up the side camera view on my 2017 model X (with MCU2.) I believe this feature was never added for any of the vertical screen cars. I have wondered why not. It is indeed at the top of my list for things that this legacy car is missing.
All newer Teslas I meant. Sorry. I know my 2019 Model 3 had it. I am actually not sure if blind spot repeater views are available in “any” vertical screen Tesla. But yes, that’s also a major factor for not going for vertical screen cars I’d think, for some.

Last edited: