Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X refresh key fob battery dying

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a new Tesla key fob for my 2024 Model X. I have owned the car for 6 weeks and had to put 5 batteries in the key fob. Went to local Tesla service center they gave me a new fob, the battery lasted 4 days. I just purchased a new batch of batteries, pretty sure the batteries were fine and will test both fobs with new batteries. Batteries are starting about 3.25 volt and when dead and no longer functioning have been 2.7 to 2.9 volt.

This is my 3ed model X and I store the fobs some distance from the car. The batteries were the same batch that I used on my 2017 Model X fobs that lasted over a year. I understand the fob technology for the resfresh is different than the older cars.

Has anyone got the key fobs on the refresh to last any significant time between battery changes?

I bought a new Tesla key fob for my 2024 Model X. I have owned the car for 6 weeks and had to put 5 batteries in the key fob. Went to local Tesla service center they gave me a new fob, the battery lasted 4 days. I just purchased a new batch of batteries, pretty sure the batteries were fine and will test both fobs with new batteries. Batteries are starting about 3.25 volt and when dead and no longer functioning have been 2.7 to 2.9 volt.

This is my 3ed model X and I store the fobs some distance from the car. The batteries were the same batch that I used on my 2017 Model X fobs that lasted over a year. I understand the fob technology for the resfresh is different than the older cars.

Has anyone got the key fobs on the refresh to last any significant time between battery changes?
I received two fobs with my 2022 Model X, original batteries now coming up on two years. Now, I hardly ever use them, mind you. But I will take one with me to get the car washed tomorrow.

Sometimes Tesla workers damaged them when they are making legacy fob into refresh fobs. (Yeh... They actually take old(but new) fobs. Take them apart and paint the chrome.. Then put them together again. Using some 1$ paint witch peal off after 1 day..)

Sometimes Tesla workers damaged them when they are making legacy fob into refresh fobs. (Yeh... They actually take old(but new) fobs. Take them apart and paint the chrome.. Then put them together again. Using some 1$ paint witch peal off after 1 day..)
I've literally never heard of this being a thing. Can you cite your credible source? I question the validity given the cost they pay for them versus the man hours required to... paint, you say?.... them. The internals are different too so... I'm still not sure what this post is inferring tbh.

Reactions: MitchMitch
What I'm referring to? I own two refresh keys. And two keys from our legacy keys.
Do you think dismantling a fob is bad? Go check a refresh X headlight (before matrix). Every headlight is opened and glued together. And I don't think they paid the guy who did it very much 😂 (that's why I told people every refresh X could get matrix lights. Its the old lamps with some "Last minute" fix. This is not new for Tesla. The first refresh X they delivered had "model x" engraving on the plastic on the falcon doors. But not on both sides.. Tesla have done this for a long time.

What I'm referring to? I own two refresh keys. And two keys from our legacy keys.
Do you think dismantling a fob is bad? Go check a refresh X headlight (before matrix). Every headlight is opened and glued together. And I don't think they paid the guy who did it very much 😂 (that's why I told people every refresh X could get matrix lights. Its the old lamps with some "Last minute" fix. This is not new for Tesla. The first refresh X they delivered had "model x" engraving on the plastic on the falcon doors. But not on both sides.. Tesla have done this for a long time.
Nice try Isis.

Want a picture of the worst headlight assembly also? :p wait until you realize you have to turn your yoke / steering wheel twise as much to take the same turn.
Everything is worse on a refresh car. It's just faster acceleration and charging. Basically. (The infotainment is fast. But soo many bugs that's never will get fixed because the Tesla employees don't drive a S or X..)

Attachments

• IMG_0382.jpeg
    IMG_0382.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 6