Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model X 75D Key Fob not working after the battery change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

My 2018 Model X 75D 2nd key fob stopped working after key fob battery change and Tesla service (Dallas) wants $250 to re-set it because the car no longer under warranty. It was working fine before the key fob battery change.

I have googled much on re-pairing/re-setting with no success (2018 model). Are there any private parties / service centers in DFW area that can help re-set my key fob without charging an arm and a leg?

I love my MX b.t.w.

Thanks much,

Sam
DFW

Search here for other threads about it
It's a common issue that during battery change metal contact cracks a trace on PCB due to insertion force, just needs a bit of solder probably to fix...
I did and what I could arrive at is this is common issue with Model X and Model S (2019 and earlier models). Any link where I can check on Solder process/steps? Thanks.

Upvote 0
I did and what I could arrive at is this is common issue with Model X and Model S (2019 and earlier models). Any link where I can check on Solder process/steps? Thanks.

I would hope that anyone with rudimentary soldering skills could see what needs resoldering. The last one I repaired (sound machine knob damaged at airport), it was very apparent with parts moving on the board, what needed to be resoldered.

Upvote 0
Any link where I can check on Solder process/steps? Thanks.

Upvote 0