Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 2020 teething issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After giving up my Model Y and getting back into a Model X I’ve been left a little disappointed, I don’t know if it’s my expectations have been set by having a brand new MY and going into a 2020 MX so wanted to run them passed you here:

Heating:
I can have the heater set to 27.5 and it hardly blows any warm air, to get proper heat I have to put it on HIGH but when I drop to 27.5 again it cools quite quickly.

It feels like temp sensor isn’t working properly and it’s thinks the car is warmer than it actually is. I’ve done lots of googling and tried using the direction settings etc but no change.

Doors/Locks:
I’m used to having a phone key and being able to unlock all doors just by being near the car.

I now have a key. I’ve played with the settings and now managed to allow the driver door to unlock without any action - but not any other doors.

On to my next issue, I have to double-click the key to unlock the doors - when I do it, the car beeps to acknowledge but doesn’t always unlock the doors! I have to double tap again!

Is this normal? Am I expecting too much?

Thanks.

Jamie

not sure about 2020 but on my 2016, i do notice that for example 70F feels colder than on other cars...
i usually speed up the fan n that helps to warm it up (i blame the big windshield lol)

i don't know what settings i have set but when i walk up to the car with FOB on me, car unlocks (lights on/flash) n i can press any door button to open it
when i walk away few feet it beeps once n locks (walk away lock setting)
not sure how u have it set or what settings are different

Reactions: Bigriver
Heating:
I can have the heater set to 27.5 and it hardly blows any warm air, to get proper heat I have to put it on HIGH but when I drop to 27.5 again it cools quite quickly.

Doors/Locks:
I now have a key. I’ve played with the settings and now managed to allow the driver door to unlock without any action - but not any other doors.
For the heater issue, check to make sure that you don't have Range Mode enabled. For the Doors/Locks, my 2020 MX unlocks all doors as I approach the car with the key in my pocket.

After giving up my Model Y and getting back into a Model X I’ve been left a little disappointed, I don’t know if it’s my expectations have been set by having a brand new MY and going into a 2020 MX so wanted to run them passed you here:

Doors/Locks:
I’m used to having a phone key and being able to unlock all doors just by being near the car.
Phone key support on the X did not arrive until the 2022 refresh. There is a lock mode control that can be set to unlock the driver door and charge port only, or unlock all doors. In newer cars there is a "Locks" panel in settings. I don't know where Lock Mode is located in legacy models (because they don't have Locks in Settings)
See above
On to my next issue, I have to double-click the key to unlock the doors - when I do it, the car beeps to acknowledge but doesn’t always unlock the doors! I have to double tap again!
Is this normal? Am I expecting too much?
See above

I now have a key. I’ve played with the settings and now managed to allow the driver door to unlock without any action - but not any other doors
I prefer the phone as key but the legacy model X key fob works for me in a totally passive mode. I have not touched it in years, it just has to be buried in something I am carrying.

It will passively unlock all doors without touching the fob. Here are my settings. I am guessing you may have the driver door unlock toggled on. The info on that option isn’t explicit, but it means ONLY the driver’s door unlocks.
IMG_8080.jpeg

I prefer the phone as key but the legacy model X key fob works for me in a totally passive mode. I have not touched it in years, it just has to be buried in something I am carrying.

It will passively unlock all doors without touching the fob. Here are my settings. I am guessing you may have the driver door unlock toggled on. The info on that option isn’t explicit, but it means ONLY the driver’s door unlocks.
Actually it is the "Driver door unlock mode"