Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It keeps locking me out...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

radiocycle

Supporting Member
Apr 13, 2017
Portland, OR
Hi gang,

My mod 3 doesn't seem to know me anymore when it comes to unlocking it. The trunk stays locked until I go into the app and tap on the trunk. The passenger door has to be unlocked by me getting in on driver's side and opening it from the inside. and both of the back doors need to be opened from the inside. *Sometimes* when in the garage at home it seems to remember to unlock the doors when we are getting in, but usually it makes me get in the driver's side door to open the others from the inside. It NEVER used to work like this! At home in the garage all doors were unlocked. When I approched the car when away from home the driver's door would always unlock, but now, about a third of the time I have to get my key card out of my wallet to use it to unlock the drivers door. VERY FRUSTRATING! The dumbest smart car I've ever seen...
Any ideas??

Check the following settings
Goto control/locks
Walk away door lock-on
Tick exclude home if u don’t want the want the door locking when ur at home ie. in your garage
Driver unlock mode-off this will unlock all doors &trunk
Driver unlock mode-on this will only unlock the drivers door
Unlock on park-on if u want the door locks to be opened automatically wen u put the car in park
Lock confirmation sound-on this allows the car to beep 1x to indicate to you car is locked as u walk away…if u don’t want any sound turn it off
If you have Boombox installed on your car u can select custom lock sounds
Go into boombox/lock sound-on choose which lock sound u want from the list by default the lock confirmation sound will be turned off automatically
If you want the normal lock sound ie.horn beep make sure the
lock confirmation sound-on in locks