Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

m3 Door locks time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 22 model 3.
I have a key FOB
I charge at home.
When I get out of the car, shut the door , walk to the front of the car, get the charging cord/ plug( wall is 2 feet in front of the car), and walk towards the back of the car, it locks and retracts the mirrors about when I am even with the back doors, so I cant open the charging port.
Then I have to push on the drivers door, it will unlock, then I can walk back, open the charging door and plug in the charger
Totally annoying......all I want is 30 sec on the timer.
Is there a way to adjust?
What is the range of the key FOB or phone, I am next to the car!!!
ver2023.26.9

It’s not a timer. It’s estimating how far away you are from the car based on the strength of the Bluetooth signal.

As mentioned you can disable walk away door lock at your home location if your parking spot is secure.

If you have the key fob you can also hold the trunk release button to open the charge door.

Otherwise just don’t close the door all the way until you’ve plugged in.

A little late to the discussion, but I have the same problem at home. It locks so quickly at home that I don't even have a chance to get stuff out of the trunk sometimes. It doesn't do that anywhere else.

If you can push the driver's door, then it's unlocked. Have you tried pointing the charger at the charge port and pushing the button?
Not necessarily. When the mirrors retreat it is locked, and if you can push the driver's door you are unlocking it again because you have your phone nearby.

It’s not a timer. It’s estimating how far away you are from the car based on the strength of the Bluetooth signal.
But that's the thing. I'm NOT far away from the car, I've barely walked away from it when I'm home. Anywhere else I need to get far enough away for the Bluetooth to weaken and sometimes I'm out of viewing range by then.