Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Launch Event 6/22/2012

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife baked a cake. Congratulations, Tesla.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340370778.146107.jpg

Those of you with good memories may remember a time when I doubted Tesla could bring the Model S to market without outside help - much less on time. I'm not the kind of person who is afraid to admit he was wrong. There is still a lot to see in how Tesla handles production at a scale it has never tried before, and how all aspects of the car perform in the real world. But today's debut of the Model S - a car not based on any other platform, from an independent manufacturer - is worthy of praise. Well done, Tesla.

Ugh, the countdown on the Inside Tesla Blog was using System time, so it just finished the countdown now. Of course I didn't compare the numbers until now.
Alas, more time to be productive. That's a good thing I suppose :)

Model S Launch Event 6/23/2012

Sadly I'm going to be in the middle of a 3 hour drive during the event this evening. While I'm sure there's going to be an "Official" video for the event like with the Model X reveal, I want to see it as it happened (the stuck Frunk moment in the X reveal for example). Is anyone planning to record the webcast?

Last edited by a moderator: