Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 model s sunroof leak?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I have 2012 Tesla model s P85. The sunroof continuously leaks . I have had the sunroof replaced and brought to Tesla multiple times and it is never fixed. I’ve cleaned out the drain plugs and that seem to help a little but I’m still have problems with healiner getting wet. I’m wondering if the seal around the glass is bad. Does anybody know how to fix this cause Tesla can’t figure it out. Any help greatly appreciated.

Leaking through onto the headliner above passenger sun visor
I’m 99% sure your drain plug is disconnected. This is exactly where mine was at when it happened. If you pop off the little “airbag” on the pillar there’s a screw take it off and the pillar will easily pop off from there the drain plug is a black rubber hose. You should be able to just pop it back together.

There is a split on each side of the molding, Tesla placed tape over those areas. The tape will degrade over time and come loose causing leaks. Remove the tape and apply automotive black RTV silicone
20240331_082955.jpg
20240331_083000.jpg
20240331_083005.jpg
20240331_083028.jpg