Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good Riddance: The '22 Tesla Model S Plaid Saga Comes to an End

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: CSFTN
My '23 MSP is my first EV. I made the purchase with eyes wide open.
  • Panel gaps and all that - don't really care unless egregious (none found)
  • Creaks and rattles - plenty of it at parking lot speeds, but knew this is par for Model S course
  • 3rd world service centers - yup, check
  • Stupid constrained, closed parts ecosystem - Don't ever want to get in an accident, major vulnerability
Nearly 9K miles on the odo, zero glitches or issues beyond what I expected above. World class power. World class braking. World class charging options. World class software integration. I'm still happy with my purchase, but it's made me no Tesla brand loyalist by any stretch.

Once the rest of EV world catches up in a year or two, my EV dance card is a clean sheet yet again.

Sums up my thoughts perfectly - spot on!

if your car is good out of the box you should be ok for the long term
I totally agree—if your car has been problem-free for the first month, you lucky bastard have clearly missed out on the full hardware QA experience. My own rollercoaster started within a week of delivery. Sure, some remedies seemed to help at first, but they were more like slapping a band-aid on a gaping wound, just pushing the real problems further down the road without truly solving them. I thought my FDU was 'cured' after almost a year of peace, but then the issues came back with a vengeance, and two attempts later, it was even more broken somehow.

What is your new car gonna be? Used Taycans are at a reasonable price.

Don't leave us hanging here; what's it gonna be? Going ICE, EV, PHEV, or Hybrid? So many EVs I'm interested in, wonder where someone goes after jumping off of the MSP.
I'm not in NEED of another car - I still have my old W222 S for town runs.

Taycan Turbo feels a bit too low and stiff as a sedan, and new ones are too expensive for what it is. The i7 disappoints with bad wind noise and is just meh in every other aspect. If I were to get another EV right now, I'd probably **lease** an AMG EQS.

However, I'm most likely to hold out for the W223 refresh later this year.