Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement for Model S/X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's just chemistry really.

300 miles is decent. going higher means much more weight and inefficiency which turns the whole thing into a wallowing pig.
Disagree. Look at the Lucid Air Grand Touring. That sedan drives great and gets great miles. BMW i5 not close to Model S LR. Still think very poor effort by BMW. New Audi A6 is rumored to be much better than that too.

Disagree. Look at the Lucid Air Grand Touring. That sedan drives great and gets great miles. BMW i5 not close to Model S LR. Still think very poor effort by BMW. New Audi A6 is rumored to be much better than that too.
Eh, the range is probably relatively close in real life. Most Teslas get 2/3-3/4 their rated range at best. The Germans on the other hand tend to beat their rated ranges.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ and ucmndd
Tesla lost way more potential S/X refresh sales than they can ever acknowledge just based on the stalk removal and (initial) instance on the yoke. We will see the same thing with Highland Model 3.
Agree! One is me... If they do not change it, it will be a "no go" for me as I will look for a replacement next year or so.
I also agree with tallypwner on the range increase: In one year there will be a number of cars that offer more range, and Model S is still at the same level of 2018/2019.

Eh, the range is probably relatively close in real life. Most Teslas get 2/3-3/4 their rated range at best. The Germans on the other hand tend to beat their rated ranges.
Still - you have to expect better. The BMW i5 range is sad. If Audi A6 comes in high 300’s or low 400’s, BMW will be the loser, which is too bad, as I prefer BMW. My Model S over 48,000 miles is averaging 318 miles of range and that is freeway driving at around 75 +/- speeds.

Would take the Model S LR or Lucid Air Grand Touring over the BMW i5 and that is coming from a BMW guy. 🙂

The cheapening of the interiors is the number 1 reason I haven't bought a Tesla, particularly a Model s.

Haptic buttons and touchscreen everything is a no-go for me. I liked the Mercedes switchgear just fine.

I have many many complaints but that's the dealbreaker for me. Not going to press a touchscreen or haptic button to shift or turn signal or anything like that.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
The cheapening of the interiors is the number 1 reason I haven't bought a Tesla, particularly a Model s.

Haptic buttons and touchscreen everything is a no-go for me. I liked the Mercedes switchgear just fine.

I have many many complaints but that's the dealbreaker for me. Not going to press a touchscreen or haptic button to shift or turn signal or anything like that.
Too bad, I love that part of the Model S.

Reactions: cptnslo