Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reservation # 9353
Reservation date: June 6, 2012
Type: 85 kWh, non-Performance
Delivered (Bellevue, WA): March 24, 2013

I would definitely call Tesla if you wonder about your delivery date. When I called in early March, I was told that my number had already come up and that I had only 3 days to finalize my order, because according to them I had never responded. The issue is that Tesla had never emailed me! No, it's not a "junk mail folder" issue, as I log 100% of my emails, and established a special email address only for Tesla. It received no emails from Tesla about my number coming up. Neither did I receive any phone call. If I had not called to find out what was going on with my car, I would have lost my reservation (according to what they told me), and the original delivery date they had told me was June 2013. Thus I would have lost my reservation, with absolutely no notice, prior to my originally scheduled due date.

By the way, I am thrilled with the car.

Mine showed up in the app today, around 7pm PDT. Earlier today, the DS in Denver said it'll be on a truck by Sunday, and to expect direct delivery next week. Excitement abounds!

Depending on whether they've already done the burn-in, applied the paint armor, etc., maybe it'll even be on a truck tomorrow? Wishful thinking perhaps? Or perhops the Easter Bunny has a nice silver egg for me? :wink:

I did the same thing. They would call when they were ready to deliver. BUT.......I will call about the HPWC. I can't drive it as much with the 110v. It has taken 2 days for a full charge. Not good.

Good idea. Needless calls checking status just tie up Tesla from handling more serious issues. If you need to call, wait until the day after the end of the delivery range. In the auto business, do squeaky wheels get squeaky wheels?

- - - Updated - - -

Reservation # 9353
Reservation date: June 6, 2012
Type: 85 kWh, non-Performance
Delivered (Bellevue, WA): March 24, 2013

I would definitely call Tesla if you wonder about your delivery date. When I called in early March, I was told that my number had already come up and that I had only 3 days to finalize my order, because according to them I had never responded. The issue is that Tesla had never emailed me! No, it's not a "junk mail folder" issue, as I log 100% of my emails, and established a special email address only for Tesla. It received no emails from Tesla about my number coming up. Neither did I receive any phone call. If I had not called to find out what was going on with my car, I would have lost my reservation (according to what they told me), and the original delivery date they had told me was June 2013. Thus I would have lost my reservation, with absolutely no notice, prior to my originally scheduled due date.

By the way, I am thrilled with the car.

Wow. If you had been tracking status on this forum, you could have known that all of the finalize notices went out for similar reservation numbers in December/January. If you had finalized immediately, your car would have been delivered as early as January. This forum does actually provide some useful information!

Just got my VIN today for those that are tracking this info: P08892 (it showed up on the app)
#19565 Signed all paperwork on 2/28
Hit reserve button on 2/27
Finalized on 3/4
Filled out MVPA 3/18
Delivery Range 3/28 - 4/11
loaded - 85kw​

Could you please confirm that 8892 is not a typo? Thanks.

I would also like to ask other participants to include the last four digits of the VIN when posting all the info about the car? It's the most important clue about the production rate. Thank you very much.

Wow. If you had been tracking status on this forum, you could have known that all of the finalize notices went out for similar reservation numbers in December/January. If you had finalized immediately, your car would have been delivered as early as January. This forum does actually provide some useful information!

You're right, that would have solved the problem (though I wish it were not necessary to study delivery date forums and/or make a speculative phone call in order to avoid cancellation of a valid order).

BTW I forgot to list my VIN. It is P06912.

Mine showed up in the app today, around 7pm PDT. Earlier today, the DS in Denver said it'll be on a truck by Sunday, and to expect direct delivery next week. Excitement abounds!

Depending on whether they've already done the burn-in, applied the paint armor, etc., maybe it'll even be on a truck tomorrow? Wishful thinking perhaps? Or perhops the Easter Bunny has a nice silver egg for me? :wink:

First drive?
First tunes?
Last gas?

First drive?
First tunes?
Last gas?

First drive will depend on when it gets here. Perhaps I'll go to lunch at Tomasita's in Santa Fe, about 120 miles round-trip.
First tunes: tough call. Steppenwolf's Magic Carpet Ride or Led Zeppelin's Kashmir or Over the Hills & Far Away.
I haven't pumped gas since I sold my 335i coupe back to the BMW dealership back in February. Since then, my wife rolls her eyes, but fills up the Odyssey, even if I'm driving. No more gas for me!

And for Nicu, my VIN is mid-8800's, three dozen or so less than Kenne74. So they don't hit the app sequentially, probably due to production & burn-in variations (if VINs show up after burn-in, which I don't think we know). I don't think they'll have any problem fully filling out to 8900 or even 9000 by end of quarter.

My tesla arrived Tuesday. Couldn't be happier. My dog loves the gift they included with the car.
photo.JPG

Final post in this thread:

12/31/12: Reserved #17,527
1/29/13: Invitation to configure
2/21/13: Finalized
2/22/13: pre-MVPA signed/countersigned
3/08/13: Delivery button and delivery email (questionaire). Delivery window of 3/27-4/10
3/11/13: Received VIN via email/call from DES (not app) = 7924
3/14/13: final MVPA in/payment sent
Leesburg, VA
3/18/13: VIN shows in app
3/30/13: DELIVERED TO HOME

Can't believe it, but I'm away on vacation so my neighbor had to be there for the big day! Needless to say, it will be a long plane ride home.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Final Timeline

Here's my complete timeline from reservation to delivery:
  • 2/17: Made my reservation (19325)
  • 2/18: Finalized the order
  • 2/19: Signed (DocuSigned) the paperwork
  • 2/20: I received confirmation from Tesla that my order was complete
  • 3/16: Delivery Button appears, given delivery window of 3/29-4/12
  • 3/19: Received VIN via email (P08714)
  • 3/22: Received MVPA, signed, & submitted payment
  • 3/28: HPWC arrives via FedEx and is installed by Solar City the same day
  • 3/30: Delivery day
    • 3:30PM Arrived at factory, signed final papers
    • 3:45 Started "tour" of my car
    • 3:50 George Blankenship came by, said hello, offered some tips
    • 4:00 Factory tour
    • 5:00 Finished car tour
    • 5:30 On the road with Tesla grin

@jpasqua
Congrats on the new Tesla!

Did you happen to see any REDs while you were on the Factory Tour?

Thank you. I'm excited.

I looked everywhere I could for a sign of red. The only thing I saw was a collection of pictures of a red MS taken from different angles. They were posted together on a wall that we passed while on the tram. I couldn't sneak off to get a better look.

Here's my complete timeline from reservation to delivery:
  • 2/17: Made my reservation (19325)
  • 2/18: Finalized the order
  • 2/19: Signed (DocuSigned) the paperwork
  • 2/20: I received confirmation from Tesla that my order was complete
  • 3/16: Delivery Button appears, given delivery window of 3/29-4/12
  • 3/19: Received VIN via email (P08714)
  • 3/22: Received MVPA, signed, & submitted payment
  • 3/28: HPWC arrives via FedEx and is installed by Solar City the same day
  • 3/30: Delivery day
    • 3:30PM Arrived at factory, signed final papers
    • 3:45 Started "tour" of my car
    • 3:50 George Blankenship came by, said hello, offered some tips
    • 4:00 Factory tour
    • 5:00 Finished car tour
    • 5:30 On the road with Tesla grin

Just curious it's interesting I already have my vehicle identification number but do not have the delivery button yet is it usually the other way around? #5810 60kwh multicoat red

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you. I'm excited.

I looked everywhere I could for a sign of red. The only thing I saw was a collection of pictures of a red MS taken from different angles. They were posted together on a wall that we passed while on the tram. I couldn't sneak off to get a better look.

Thanks for the report. I guessed that the RED had not been viewed by the tour participants since there had not been any reported sightings, but I appreciate your confirmation. Enjoy your new MS.....I'm expecting mine in the next two or three weeks.:tongue:

@xhawk101 I too have my VIN but no delivery button. I expect they will be enabled next week. I was told that my car was not yet in Final Assembly, and I am not sure what triggers the delivery button.