Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing items from CyberTruck reveal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gawd I hate these guessing games. They are often so wrong.
When every mule that hits the road is different, you can't assume that any of them will be the delivered model. Could just be engineering and technicians having fun and seeing how much disinformation they can create. (completely backed by Elon having fun)

Gawd I hate these guessing games. They are often so wrong.
When every mule that hits the road is different, you can't assume that any of them will be the delivered model. Could just be engineering and technicians having fun and seeing how much disinformation they can create. (completely backed by Elon having fun)
I REALLY do hope so cause the two main points for my order was 6 seating and 500 miles range! I am crossing my fingers on the 6 seating due to one review stating how the ford's front middle seat is a fold down cup holder. Or maybe it could be an option.

Farzads predictions seem spot on:

Cheapest CT 350 miles, the min rhe market will tolerate, but cheap
Mid CT 500 miles, spot on with the market for a $59K truck after tax credits, this disrupts the buying goals, now thinking Tesla
High end CT, 600 miles and Tri motor for less than $100K makes a statement
The wow truck for all reasons

• Funny
Reactions: Alset Srotom
Farzads predictions seem spot on:

Cheapest CT 350 miles, the min rhe market will tolerate, but cheap
Mid CT 500 miles, spot on with the market for a $59K truck after tax credits, this disrupts the buying goals, now thinking Tesla
High end CT, 600 miles and Tri motor for less than $100K makes a statement
The wow truck for all reasons
Not sure why anyone would give them any credibility. 500 miles would need close to a 200kwh battery and 600 would need more. Unlikely they will release 600 mile CT when most doubt there will be a 500 mile CT.

Reactions: Nack and israndy
Remember this is Tesla a leader in drag/overall efficiency
I think low mid and top will be
100, 150, and 200 kw packs
The top is necessary for the Tri motor buyer, have to give a little more range for that number
With IRA mid to top is effectively $40K

Remember this is Tesla a leader in drag/overall efficiency
I think low mid and top will be
100, 150, and 200 kw packs
The top is necessary for the Tri motor buyer, have to give a little more range for that number
With IRA mid to top is effectively $40K

The Lucid Air is technically the most efficient in real world testing.

With estimated weight and drag coefficient of the CT, it seems it will need 200 kwh for 500 "Tesla miles". These numbers were stated by Munro and associates a while ago.

Reactions: Nack and kpanda17
I am assuming if the battery comment is part of that as well, the middle size batt, the 150 kWh would be halfway between the 100 and the 200 kWh batts. So 300, 450, and 600 yes? I guess the extra weight has an impact, so that's why 350, 500, and 600?

The Cybertruck cabin seems to use a traditional unibody frame, when looking at the door jambs on the following picture:

View attachment 953341

So far, what is called "Exoskeleton" seems to be a "Frame-on-Frame", see picture:

View attachment 953343
"Exoskeleton" was always just a marketing buzzword used by Mr. Musk. Almost all vehicles today (except body-of-frame trucks) are exoskeleton (i.e. unibody) designs.

Cybertruck is a unibody design, with large castings at the front and rear like the model Y. Part of the body just happens to be made of thick stainless steel. Will be interesting to see how they bond the stainless with the rest of the vehicle.

Reactions: Cal1
All of the newer pictures of the Cybertruck show the suspension low. It would be nice to see how the truck looks with the suspension in a raised position. The Cybertruck event with the offroad rack shows the Truck at least a couple of inches shorter than Musk. They never show the inside of the Frunk.

Not great but some:
1689195650163.png

1689195694980.png

LOL, yeah... this seems written intentionally confusing.
The theme was Things missing from the production CT that were in the original, I thought Double Negatives would work, oh well...
All of the photos/videos I've seen of the Cybertruck before now had no handles.
The photos on the website have not been updated since launch, still shows the recessed bumpers, original charge port location, the metal bed in the pickup, the ramp, the marble dash, the six seats, and the race car wheel.

Last edited:
I'm not able to find any articles or other mentions of the door handles. Does anyone know if this was a regulatory issue? It definitely destroys the clean door look.

I'm not a fan of the retractable door handles, perhaps I have an irrational fear of having my fingers cut off. I'm not a candidate for a Cybertruck anyways, so oh well... but would've preferred handles more like the 3/Y.