Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing items from CyberTruck reveal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

israndy

Supercharger Hunter
Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
Someone mentioned in a post earlier today about the missing off-road lights across the top of the CyberTruck and it made me wonder how many things won't make it into the release vehicle, these were the one's I could think of from memory:

Offroad pinacle lights
Liftgate with embedded ramp
Protected storage in the sails
Seating for six
Binnacle display
Side view cameras not mirrors
No Big Ass Wiper

Most of this stuff is obvious but just wondered if anyone can think of another item on the first prototype that won't make the release

I don't buy the CyberTruck being a body on frame design, I think we'll need to hold off until we can look in the truck before dropping the exoskeleton design.

I would love to see a pic of the tailgate ramp if you see it again.

My msg was about things in the original CT that are not looking like they will be in the release, and the LACK of a big wiper was my comment. Sure you need something to keep the windows clear, but what happened to the laser idea? And the mirrors MAY be required, but perhaps if you wanna release what they showed you could have gotten on the NHTSA's back and don't get off until they change the requirements, it's gonna be soon

I don't buy the CyberTruck being a body on frame design,
I think we'll need to hold off until we can look in the truck before dropping the exoskeleton design.

The Cybertruck cabin seems to use a traditional unibody frame, when looking at the door jambs on the following picture:

2023 06 Cybertruck b.jpg

So far, what is called "Exoskeleton" seems to be a "Frame-on-Frame", see picture:

Frame on a Frame .jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: strider
Sorry, not sorry (ha!), hard to compare the original lack of wiper w/o the use of negatives
The Cybertruck cabin seems to use a traditional unibody frame, when looking at the door jambs on the following picture:

View attachment 953341

So far, what is called "Exoskeleton" seems to be a "Frame-on-Frame", see picture:

View attachment 953343
I am not seeing the difference between the photo you highlighted and the original exoskeleton explanation on Tesla‘s website:
1688578228399.jpeg

Yes, sadly I don't think it'll handle a spare tire.

Bad idea to put the rear facing cameras in the fender flares if you plan to take that truck offroad.
I'm not an off roader yet, but I imagine I won't spend that much time worrying about changing lanes when I am am trail hopping, I think the camera washer is on the rear camera too so you'll be able to back up after mudding up. Wonder if there'll be an AUTO setting that causes it to constantly clear the cams if they get blocked for seriously messy situations.

Yes, sadly I don't think it'll handle a spare tire.

I'm not an off roader yet, but I imagine I won't spend that much time worrying about changing lanes when I am am trail hopping, I think the camera washer is on the rear camera too so you'll be able to back up after mudding up. Wonder if there'll be an AUTO setting that causes it to constantly clear the cams if they get blocked for seriously messy situations.