Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing items from CyberTruck reveal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is with this discussion? Exoskeleton is ONLY a definition about organisms, so if you use it about an inorganic item you already are not using it correctly. You are creating a new definition. People make exoskeleton suits for making you stronger or more protected but they still would collapse if you took them off. Held together by YOUR bones.

I think it's a good usage for the CT as the website shows the part of the truck that's strength comes from being built as a single module from the exterior parts:
1689954769822.png

Sure there are batteries and axels that the car rides on too, but this bit is where the term comes in, it won't fall down if the battery is removed or the seats or wheels. This bit will always be the exoskeleton. That doesn't mean it can't be repaired, just as it was manufactured you weld a new flat piece in place...

Reactions: Cal1
I’m way more interested in what you get for X$’s.

Will it have some thing like Ford’s Pro Power in the frunk, cab, bed? Will it be able to power my house for multiple days? Will it have a built in compressor like a Rivian? Just how well with the 48v system work? Will it still kneel to load things in the bed? Will 4 wheel steering be standard or a separate cost? What will the actual range be? I don’t need 500 miles but it has to be somewhere above 300.

Oh and what will be standard equip and what will be additional cost? I have loved that Tesla historically logically grouped options together and did not feel like they nickel and dimed me. Ford makes it so confusing with all the choices.

And most importantly how soon can I get one? Production ramps are hard to predict.

I bought a Lightning because I was late ordering a maxed out CT tri motor variant and I expect I won’t see something for 2-3 yrs. But if they called next year and said I can have a CT with everything I want I’d probably bite. Price is not an issue. I do really like the Lightning but it is big. Harder to park than my Tundra.

I’m way more interested in what you get for X$’s.

Will it have some thing like Ford’s Pro Power in the frunk, cab, bed? Will it be able to power my house for multiple days? Will it have a built in compressor like a Rivian? Just how well with the 48v system work? Will it still kneel to load things in the bed? Will 4 wheel steering be standard or a separate cost? What will the actual range be? I don’t need 500 miles but it has to be somewhere above 300.

Oh and what will be standard equip and what will be additional cost? I have loved that Tesla historically logically grouped options together and did not feel like they nickel and dimed me. Ford makes it so confusing with all the choices.

And most importantly how soon can I get one? Production ramps are hard to predict.

I bought a Lightning because I was late ordering a maxed out CT tri motor variant and I expect I won’t see something for 2-3 yrs. But if they called next year and said I can have a CT with everything I want I’d probably bite. Price is not an issue. I do really like the Lightning but it is big. Harder to park than my Tundra.
No one knows yet.

But I do know that the Lightning won't power my house for days. It won't even let my A/Cs start.

What is with this discussion? Exoskeleton is ONLY a definition about organisms, so if you use it about an inorganic item you already are not using it correctly. You are creating a new definition. People make exoskeleton suits for making you stronger or more protected but they still would collapse if you took them off. Held together by YOUR bones.

I think it's a good usage for the CT as the website shows the part of the truck that's strength comes from being built as a single module from the exterior parts:
View attachment 958351

Sure there are batteries and axels that the car rides on too, but this bit is where the term comes in, it won't fall down if the battery is removed or the seats or wheels. This bit will always be the exoskeleton. That doesn't mean it can't be repaired, just as it was manufactured you weld a new flat piece in place...
That picture is not what they are doing. It's a unividy with ss panels hung on the interior structure.

That picture is not what they are doing. It's a unividy with ss panels hung on the interior structure.
SS is a good bit stronger than aluminum ... So the SS skins will add strength and require less unibody structure ... this seems to have been the plan all along and makes perfect sense, how else would they have built it? The SS has to attach somewhere. We knew they weren't going to vary far from unibody for safety reasons, there has to be crumple zones.

SS is a good bit stronger than aluminum ... So the SS skins will add strength and require less unibody structure ... this seems to have been the plan all along and makes perfect sense, how else would they have built it? The SS has to attach somewhere. We knew they weren't going to vary far from unibody for safety reasons, there has to be crumple zones.
The original proposal/picture was a stamp with the panels on. What they are doing is traditional with ss panels, not exoskeleton by definition.

Reactions: Nack
The original proposal/picture was a stamp with the panels on. What they are doing is traditional with ss panels, not exoskeleton by definition.
Oh, I see what you're saying. I never thought that, I always assumed it would be unibody with SS panels for strength. There has to be crumple zones, that's where the unibody construction comes in. Seems that with a single stamped inner frame you wouldn't have much control over where the energy goes.