Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I never got this aggravated driving ICE cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't say malice, but some people routinely park like this to prevent dings (and hope no one gets irritated enough to key the car).

I am a horrible parker, but my rims are perfect sooo.....I document my horrible parking because it annoys my boss so much.

parking1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg

LOL it's just one jack ass after another it seems people who don't know how to line up or ICE cars parked at Superchargers or this..... I never got the CHANCE to be annoyed before I got my Model S LOL

2a78t3a.jpg

ws05eq.jpg
a5cpao.jpg

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment... I have parked "poorly" at times because the person next to me parked poorly and that was the best I could do in the space they left me. Then they leave and the next person parks normally, and I end up looking like a knob.

Not saying that happened in this case, but it's possible.

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment... I have parked "poorly" at times because the person next to me parked poorly and that was the best I could do in the space they left me. Then they leave and the next person parks normally, and I end up looking like a knob.

Not saying that happened in this case, but it's possible.

I've had that happen to me too. It's kind of hard to see how that could have happened in this case, but it's possible.

LOL it's just one jack ass after another it seems people who don't know how to line up or ICE cars parked at Superchargers or this..... I never got the CHANCE to be annoyed before I got my Model S LOL

2a78t3a.jpg

ws05eq.jpg
a5cpao.jpg
I can't read the rest of the blue "IMPOUNDING ZONE" sign. Does it specifically refer to the sidewalk area? If not, I would move it directly in front of that car. Then I would back up carefully over the curb, parking parallel to the street, close enough to reach the last charger. I would also stay with the car for the next 15-20 minutes or however long was needed to get enough charge, in case the situation needed to be explained to the returning driver or to parking enforcement.

If the supercharger pedestal that is blocked is the pair to the one that the diagonally parked S is plugged into then I would assume that this driver intentionally blocked it so that they would not have to potentially share/split the load if another S plugged in.

Terrible behavior and really bad EV karma.

You may very well be right. That's just disappointing. Good reminder that a lot of the mutual good feeling early adopters had towards each other may be a thing of the past. Heck, before we had a Supercharger in town I would host folks from out of town to charge in my driveway! I'd even act as something of a taxi driver when necessary. It felt really good that we were all in it together and not out for ourselves.

I hope he's just bad at parking.

Yeah, and once you plug in, tap the button on his charging handle and you'll get the full charge and he'll get the leftovers.

(*I don't condone this action in general.. just in cases of extreme jackassedness
trademark.png
)

I'll test this at the next supercharger I visit. Hasn't been my experience in the past as it is more balanced rather than first come gets full amps