Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Occasion, dealer lost spare key, Tips for anti theft?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I am taking delivery of a 2018 Model S tomorrow. 2 Weeks ago the dealer showed me both keys tot the car, but I got a call they lost one of them.
No problem, they pay the service for a new set of keys and apologised. It will be solved, the dealer was helpful and everything is going to be fine.

But... I am a little bit feared. Who knows someone took it, placed a tracker and is going to pick my car up in the next few nights. It can happen you never know.

After some googling I found the "Pin to Drive" feature which is great. This feature takes most of my fears away.
I also contacted my local police station and asked if I can park my car at their station for a few nights. They will call me back soon (its a 1 min walk)

But maybe someone has another tip. For example, can I pull a fuse? Can I unregister one of the keys on my own?

2018 Model S

Thanks for any help. I just don't want to end up without my new car in 1 night :).

WC

As far as I understand I can't unregister 1 key with this model. They will have to do both at the same time.
My service appointment will be made today, but I expect they will need a few days for this appointment. They are probably busy I can't do it right away.

Yeah thanks! I am not to concerned, but you never know.

I was reading a bit and "some" website claims that it "could be" possible to hack the pin to drive feature. There is no proof or much other info...