Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AzlYRbG.jpg

Hahahahahahaha, this is hilarious.

Tesla trying to justify why their El Camino is the way it is and making excuses on why after 4 years and the competition showing their hand they could not surpass them šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Freakin hilariousā€¦..

Sawyer Merritt is working OT today šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Hahahahahahaha, this is hilarious.

Tesla trying to justify why their El Camino is the way it is and making excuses on why after 4 years and the competition showing their hand they could not surpass them šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Freakin hilariousā€¦..

Sawyer Merritt is working OT today šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Donā€™t you ever give it a rest? You appear to be the one putting in overtime, the question is for who?

I'm always "more impressed" when a company delivers a product with worse specs for way more money after four years. Very normal.
I'm always surprised when people compare a vehicle (CT) designed recently, and not yet released to regular people - to vehicles that were designed and rolling in mass on roads for several years.... Truly mind-boggling.

Reactions: DarkandStormy
*before* November 30th 2023: Folks tow with their trucks ALL THE TIME and therefore the 500+ miles Cybertruck will wipe the floor with Ford/Rivian and destroy the competition. The Lightning doesn't have enough range. Range is king!!!!!

*after* November 30th 2023: Pick up truck owners usually don't tow. 340 miles of range is all you need. Superchargers everywhere ! 0-60 drag racing is where it's at - and bullet resistent doors!

To me itā€™s them running around trying to makes excuses on why Tesla failed to deliver a proper Truck as promised and instead gave us a SS Model X with a Bed.

Posting surveys on F-150 usage is a way of justifying their new Car purchase, or justifying why it drives/feels like a car.

Iā€™ll say it again, these will end up in Tesla Used Inventory page once the novelty wears off and they have to live with it on a daily basis. Theyā€™ll figure out they need a smaller SUV.

I think Unplugged Performance will deliver what we really wanted but at a hefty price.

To me itā€™s them running around trying to makes excuses on why Tesla failed to deliver a proper Truck as promised and instead gave us a SS Model X with a Bed.

Posting surveys on F-150 usage is a way of justifying their new Car purchase, or justifying why it drives/feels like a car.

Iā€™ll say it again, these will end up in Tesla Used Inventory page once the novelty wears off and they have to live with it on a daily basis. Theyā€™ll figure out they need a smaller SUV.

I think Unplugged Performance will deliver what we really wanted but at a hefty price.
yup. unless you do truck things.... for $80k+ starting (plus spare tire, plus a $$$ wrap if you want more than stainless) ... you are in Mercedes EQE SUV territory (!). You can pick one of those up for low $80s where I live. Much more comfortable and a nicer ride to haul the kids to school and back.

yup. unless you do truck things.... for $80k+ starting (plus spare tire, plus a $$$ wrap if you want more than stainless) ... you are in Mercedes EQE SUV territory (!). You can pick one of those up for low $80s where I live. Much more comfortable and a nicer ride to haul the kids to school and back.

Exactly.

But for those who stick with it, they will have a nice talking piece at cars and coffee every weekend. In person itā€™s monstrous in a good way. I think they fumbled the interior especially for such an expensive Car.

The only think Tesla Fanboys are right about is that this will push others to make better products, the problem is that those better products wonā€™t sell because there isnā€™t a cult fan base, Social Media or investors who pump the product.

Just wait until the CT starts losing comparisons ā€¦..

Exactly.

But for those who stick with it, they will have a nice talking piece at cars and coffee every weekend. In person itā€™s monstrous in a good way. I think they fumbled the interior especially for such an expensive Car.

The only think Tesla Fanboys are right about is that this will push others to make better products, the problem is that those better products wonā€™t sell because there isnā€™t a cult fan base, Social Media or investors who pump the product.

What do you mean by "fumbled the interior?

Exactly.

48V architecture and steer-by-wire are great achievements for the Cybertruck. Credit where credit is due. Unfortunately - they don't overcome the other weaknesses.

What do you mean by "fumbled the interior?

Why doesnā€™t it have the same Model S/X interior at the very least?

They have wasted space with the long dashboard, this resulted in a smaller rear passenger space, or shorter bed or smaller frunk.

I am hoping the second gen addresses these issues along with a redesigned rear. Other than that the Car is solid.

Why doesnā€™t it have the same Model S/X interior at the very least?

They have wasted space with the long dashboard, this resulted in a smaller rear passenger space, or shorter bed or smaller frunk.

I am hoping the second gen addresses these issues along with a redesigned rear. Other than that the Car is solid.

Gotcha.

On the not having at least a Model S/X level of interior...I wonder if this design ultimately allows pricing to level off near the original released pricing and still allow a good profit? At $80k a good argument can be made that the interior is lacking compared to the Model X at the same price. At $50k-$60k, a good argument could be made that the interior fits the pricing. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

For me personally, I won't even consider buying one at $80k (before rebates). I don't really need a truck (and have never owned one) so I would just stick with my Model Y. However, if the price gets to $60K (before rebates), then I would seriously consider buying one as the value/utility would be tough to beat.

Reactions: ArchHamster
Gotcha.

On the not having at least a Model S/X level of interior...I wonder if this design ultimately allows pricing to level off near the original released pricing and still allow a good profit? At $80k a good argument can be made that the interior is lacking compared to the Model X at the same price. At $50k-$60k, a good argument could be made that the interior fits the pricing. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

For me personally, I won't even consider buying one at $80k (before rebates). I don't really need a truck (and have never owned one) so I would just stick with my Model Y. However, if the price gets to $60K (before rebates), then I would seriously consider buying one as the value/utility would be tough to beat.

This is where I was at, I reserved a DM at $50k. I would have made the switch if by some chance they still offered it at that. Hell, I would have added the Range Extender. But as we got closer and Musks comments about it being Hard to Make and Million dollar vehicle the writing was on the wall that this would not be cheap.

I am not so sure these will ever come back down in price. Maybe he priced it that way to sell more X's and S's?

Kind of like when you walk into a dealer to look at the higher trim and end up leaving with another model.