Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many seems to think the price of the cybertruck will come down, imo i think new cybertruck will go up from here; with such high Fed rate, current listing price should be the low or near low of any Tesla vehicle, including the cybertruck. When Fed rate drops, APR% will come down and money will ease up again and the price will go up, regardless if you like it or not. I m keeping my day 1 reservation and taking delivery for the cyberbeast when its ready.

Reactions: aerodyne
What’s your view on the SS refrigerator like fingerprint magnet syndrome?! 🤣
Enough refrigerator references. You do realize that stainless appliances come with fingerprint proof SS?

I haven't read that the CT has a clear coat, but at least spare us from your appliance fetish.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and STUtoday
Many seems to think the price of the cybertruck will come down, imo i think new cybertruck will go up from here; with such high Fed rate, current listing price should be the low or near low of any Tesla vehicle, including the cybertruck. When Fed rate drops, APR% will come down and money will ease up again and the price will go up, regardless if you like it or not. I m keeping my day 1 reservation and taking delivery for the cyberbeast when its ready.
The rate won’t fall quickly.

Production will increase to meet closer to demand. Could be a few years though.

Tesla would be foolish to not cash in on initial demand regardless of rate. If they can-no longer find buyers, they drop price.

Tesla set initial prices while having zero clue of demand.

It's actually becoming fun to read this thread. The posters who have consistently criticized the CT have become more desperate with their petty snipes, now that the CT media reviews are so glowing. And all those reviews without any paid ads by Tesla!
It’s darling that you think those hand-picked YouTube influencers are offering their unvarnished opinion, don’t have major amounts of compensation at stake, and won’t think long and hard before they bite the hand that feeds.

TessP100D,
At 10 feet tall and 20 feet long I'm afraid it wouldn't fit in our garage and they also don't make any mention of the tow capacity. And they only refer to "other fleet customers" as their new market. I have my request in to my Ford dealership for a Transit van but they have informed me that they are not aware of any plans in the works for anything like what I am after although they did express a demand from other customers.
Beasts
Ahhh ok

It’s darling that you think those hand-picked YouTube influencers are offering their unvarnished opinion, don’t have major amounts of compensation at stake, and won’t think long and hard before they bite the hand that feeds.

Jason and Derek from Hagerty in their chat knocked the “man-child” of Elon and they both said they wouldn’t buy one because of the message it sends.

MKBHD had negative things to say in his podcast.

So… I don’t think it’s quite as subservient as you think.

Enough refrigerator references. You do realize that stainless appliances come with fingerprint proof SS?

I haven't read that the CT has a clear coat, but at least spare us from your appliance fetish.
But… have you seen all the CT’s running around where the SS skin looks like crap….. all he had to do was design a truck with regular steel body parts and paint and he would have been fine. Oh maybe the few Tesla crazy’s would accept the design, but the 99.9% of the rest of the truck buying world things it’s ridiculous .

Some can’t comprehend that reality; only what they are feed by that “unbiased” (ha ha) group. Look at “Whole Mars Catalog” on FSD Beta. Unreal, really…

So what to these shill followers do when others tee up a differing viewpoint? They attack the members with view that don’t align with theirs - rather than the issue at hand.

Jason and Derek from Hagerty in their chat knocked the “man-child” of Elon and they both said they wouldn’t buy one because of the message it sends.

MKBHD had negative things to say in his podcast.

So… I don’t think it’s quite as subservient as you think.
Yet their videos, which is what people actually watch and what they were very clearly expected to produce in exchange for their early access, were basically gushing.

The fact that they’ll go off script in other far less mainstream mediums and offer up some more truth is telling, I agree. But we seem to be drawing different conclusions from the same set of facts.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Yet their videos, which is what people actually watch and what they were very clearly expected to produce in exchange for their early access, were basically gushing.

The fact that they’ll go off script in other far less mainstream mediums and offer up some more truth is telling, I agree. But we seem to be drawing different conclusions from the same set of facts.
I prefer a review to be objective. Jason and Derek’s reasons not to buy were simply personal. (And silly IMO but oh well.)

MKBHD is still buying one.

But… have you seen all the CT’s running around where the SS skin looks like crap….. all he had to do was design a truck with regular steel body parts and paint and he would have been fine. Oh maybe the few Tesla crazy’s would accept the design, but the 99.9% of the rest of the truck buying world things it’s ridiculous .

I think avoiding paint, esp Tesla paint, is a good thing.

I suspect for the CT, a weekly detail, 10 minute wipe down with detailer and MF towels, will be all that's needed as far as appearance. Works for my MS, have washed only twice in 18 months.

The CT is not a truck for the truck world. It's a drivable, somewhat practical/affordable off road vehicle that doubles as an off grid apocalypse mobile when TSHTF, or just as a daily driver with the crazies in LA. Complete protection against door dings and shopping carts.

And, I predict few will try to mess with it on the road any more than they would mess with a class 8 semi.

I suspect for the CT, a weekly detail, 10 minute wipe down with detailer and MF towels, will be all that's needed as far as appearance. Works for my MS, have washed only twice in 18 months.

The CT is not a truck for the truck world. It's a drivable, somewhat practical/affordable off road vehicle that doubles as an off grid apocalypse mobile when TSHTF, or just as a daily driver with the crazies in LA. Complete protection against door dings and shopping carts.

And, I predict few will try to mess with it on the road any more than they would mess with a class 8 semi.
I agree with everything there....except "affordable".

I'm still a buyer but $80k for the lowest cost model available next year is not what I would consider affordable.

Tesla moderates the price of their vehicles according to demand. Pre-launch demand for the CT was ~10 *years* of production already in reservations. They obviously had too much demand for their ability to provide the supply, hence the stupidly high prices at launch.

If demand increases they will raise prices, if demand falls they will lower prices. It really is that simple. The conversion rate of existing reservations to orders will determine pricing. If the conversion rate is as low as I expect (I am guessing around 10% at this pricing) then look for Tesla to spread some lies about production ramp up being harder than they expected, etc.

Tesla moderates the price of their vehicles according to demand. Pre-launch demand for the CT was ~10 *years* of production already in reservations. They obviously had too much demand for their ability to provide the supply, hence the stupidly high prices at launch.

If demand increases they will raise prices, if demand falls they will lower prices. It really is that simple. The conversion rate of existing reservations to orders will determine pricing. If the conversion rate is as low as I expect (I am guessing around 10% at this pricing) then look for Tesla to spread some lies about production ramp up being harder than they expected, etc.
This practice is decades old (“Demand Pricing”). Airlines and cruise operators (and many others) have used this methodology since as early as the beginning of time.

Any manufacturer currently would have 10 yrs of demand for an electric truck going 300+ miles for under $50k or doing 250+ miles for under $40k … they just straight up lied from the get-go to pump the truck and collect deposits….

Any manufacturer currently would have 10 yrs of demand for an electric truck going 300+ miles for under $50k or doing 250+ miles for under $40k … they just straight up lied from the get-go to pump the truck and collect deposits….
“But Elon said…”. Amazing that these folks still live on this clown’s every breath. There is a term for this in the psychology field, but it escapes this old mind right now.

Fwiw, you could get complete protection against door dings and shipping carts from a Saturn Ion over a decade ago. Cost less than $15k, too.

Thats true. So let's take away the towing, hauling and range.

What do you have left?

A product that hasn't improved on what already out.

My kids high school student parking lot is 20% pickups. They don’t care about towing or hauling and probably not range.

I’m not going to get one but I don't think this thing is done yet. Really have to see how it plays out.

Reactions: Yelobird