Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 8521. Had car since 4/18. Still no prompt to install 4.5. Not that I want it. Perfectly fine without it. Just odd that I still haven't been prompted to install ANY flavor of 4.5 yet. I am in good AT&T 3G coverage all day. The signal at night in my garage is weak, but NOT non-existent. Strange. Perhaps someone noted I'm not rushing to install it so they've moved me to the end of the queue.

Just worried that if they ever put out a solid build that I DO want, that I'll never get it.

Although it seemed to be fixed, I'm not 100% sure the "door handle synchronization issue" is fixed. This morning I approached and the door handles were about 0.5 sec out of sync.

Not at all a big deal--but something that hopefully they can fix, as I don't remember it happening on 4.4.

Other than that, I haven't noticed any issues with my new 4.5 (.54). Seems pretty good. I think it's interesting that although the IL Supercharger (Bloomington/Normal) opened up yesterday, it's still not in the Supercharger list that's supposed to be automatically updating. I wonder if the list refreshes every time you view it, or only when they push software updates? I assume the former.

You have to be careful with this. When the car is *powered off*, does he hear the noise? Have him roll the windows down and power the car off (or walk away so it powers down automatically). Then come back and listen through the door to see if the fan is on. If it is, he has the issue. If not--and if the fan noise is relatively minor--then it may just be because the cabin is warm.

Yes the noise is still there with the car powered off and cool cabin. I checked it myself. In this case .54 resulted in the fan problem appearing when it was not there with his delivered version of 4.5.

Although it seemed to be fixed, I'm not 100% sure the "door handle synchronization issue" is fixed. This morning I approached and the door handles were about 0.5 sec out of sync.

Not at all a big deal--but something that hopefully they can fix, as I don't remember it happening on 4.4.

Other than that, I haven't noticed any issues with my new 4.5 (.54). Seems pretty good. I think it's interesting that although the IL Supercharger (Bloomington/Normal) opened up yesterday, it's still not in the Supercharger list that's supposed to be automatically updating. I wonder if the list refreshes every time you view it, or only when they push software updates? I assume the former.

Received .54 a day ago and my wife updated it while I was traveling. I drove the car this morning and sat inside while it was parked. Unless I've experienced some hearing loss in the past few days (possible since I was flying to/from the East coast), I didn't notice the fan noise. It certainly is much quieter than before.

Also, the Normal IL SC now appears in my list of SC stations. I was looking for Atascadero or Buellton but those did not show up.

I finally installed the .54 version the other day. Ever since, I have noticed that my door handles no longer extend when I put the car in Park. The do extend once I open the door manually from inside. I actually kinda prefer this, but don't believe it is intended behavior... is it?

How else do you (quickly) put out the handles for people coming up, while you're inside? The quickest and easiest way, was the park option on the stick. Way simpler than getting there from the touch screen.

I prefer this .44 behavior.

This happened to me today, thought it was just a poor timing thing that the handles didnt extend when I put it in park. I didn't know this was the new behavior. Sigh.

VIN 8521. Had car since 4/18. Still no prompt to install 4.5. Not that I want it. Perfectly fine without it. Just odd that I still haven't been prompted to install ANY flavor of 4.5 yet. I am in good AT&T 3G coverage all day. The signal at night in my garage is weak, but NOT non-existent. Strange. Perhaps someone noted I'm not rushing to install it so they've moved me to the end of the queue.

Just worried that if they ever put out a solid build that I DO want, that I'll never get it.
I'm still on 4.4 with no prompt yet for 4.5...I figure the longer the wait the better off I am!

It gives one such a warm fuzzy, secure feeling when you receive an update (4.5 .44) and then read that the update has been stopped due to "issues." Then the updates are restarted in the .51-.55 range, but those of us who received the supposedly flawed .44 are left twisting in the wind. No communication about why .44 was stopped, nothing. Would seem to me that when the updates were restarted, the FIRST people to get updated would be the ones who received the damaged goods. It's been over a month of waiting for me.

Signed,
The Mushroom