Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Third Tesla, first Model S - My Review after 1000 km

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you driven the new S before you ordered it? Besides the yoke (rounder or not, still an inferior control for a road car), the actual interior quality of the new ones seems much closer to 3 than the old S. My wife was switching from 2018 MS, test drove a new 2023 X and S and decided against either, which means a lot since she loved her Model S (which was her second one) and had her heart set on a Model X next. She said the new S/X felt cheap as compared to her 2018 MS, which I agree as the X steering yoke was already looking super worn, even though the car had barely 2K miles on it. She also noted that the cup holders shrunk and amount of console storage space was significantly reduces.
Yes. It seemed great. I get delivery of the plaid this Wednesday and I’ll compare them closely. I can’t imagine the build quality to be better than my 2015 which I thought was perfect. It will be interesting to have the new plaid, old 2015 s and 2018 M3P all next to each other for comparison

Yes. It seemed great. I get delivery of the plaid this Wednesday and I’ll compare them closely. I can’t imagine the build quality to be better than my 2015 which I thought was perfect. It will be interesting to have the new plaid, old 2015 s and 2018 M3P all next to each other for comparison
Let us know what you think once you get it, then perhaps a year later. I also hope you like your purchase. Teslas are definitely very practical cars - other manufacturers still have some catching up to do in terms of ease of use and practicality.

Reactions: Jbailey
I traded in my 2014 Jeep SRT and bought my first Tesla a used 2021 Model S Plaid with 16k miles from Carmax in August.
With a used vehicle you can check it over and drive it before you buy plus any issues would typically come up by then.
The fit and finish are good and it doesn't have any squeaks or rattles .
It did have some wind noise at highway speed so I got a rubber band noise reduction kit that worked but kept popping out.
So I filled around the top and sides of the windshield with black silicone and that fixed that 95%.
Other than taking it in to Tesla Service for a gearbox fluid change I haven't had any issues or need of service and am pleased with it.
I also have a 2023 BMW iX M60 EV SUV that has 620 hp and is the size of the Model X but more traditional SUV looking.
I bought the Plaid for it's 1020 hp acceleration performance and it delivers there.
IMO the text size on the screen and dash messages could be bigger and the album art work is puny but these are minor things.
I like the little car going down the road showing blindspots and other vehicles and road hazards.
I thought I wouldn't but I like the yoke steering wheel a lot but not so much the buttons.
What I like about the yoke is if you turn it over when you park it makes for easier exit and entry.
I drive with my hands at 4 and 8 so it's perfect for me and 3 point turns are no problem.

I went from a 2017 Model S 100D to a 2023 Model S Plaid a few months ago (when FSD transfer was available). I am so happy! Unlike others, the car was perfect and I'm loving it. It's like the ultimate upgrade...familiar, but everything is new and upgraded! Hard to believe they're the same car. First big purchase I've made in a long time that I've had zero regrets! Enjoy your new purchase! You're going to be very happy!!