Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It gives one such a warm fuzzy, secure feeling when you receive an update (4.5 .44) and then read that the update has been stopped due to "issues." Then the updates are restarted in the .51-.55 range, but those of us who received the supposedly flawed .44 are left twisting in the wind. No communication about why .44 was stopped, nothing. Would seem to me that when the updates were restarted, the FIRST people to get updated would be the ones who received the damaged goods. It's been over a month of waiting for me.

Signed,
The Mushroom

Thank you for being my canary in the coalmine...:wink:

It gives one such a warm fuzzy, secure feeling when you receive an update (4.5 .44) and then read that the update has been stopped due to "issues." Then the updates are restarted in the .51-.55 range, but those of us who received the supposedly flawed .44 are left twisting in the wind. No communication about why .44 was stopped, nothing. Would seem to me that when the updates were restarted, the FIRST people to get updated would be the ones who received the damaged goods. It's been over a month of waiting for me.

Signed,
The Mushroom

If you don't know why it was stopped, it probably isn't an issue that affects you...so no need to push a newer version or update to you. Many issues seem to be very hardware-specific, ie only applicable to some VIN numbers.

How else do you (quickly) put out the handles for people coming up, while you're inside? The quickest and easiest way, was the park option on the stick. Way simpler than getting there from the touch screen.

I prefer this .44 behavior.

Well, after a couple of days, my car is back to extending its handles in Park again. Not sure why. I didn't do a re-boot or anything, but they just started working again...

remove a charge place from the map & not allow it to repopulate

On 4.5 it has a tab for past charging places you've used. One of them is my home (duh).
One of the security measures I've learned from law enforcement (a topic of debate for another time) is NOT to put your home address into the Nav systems of cars because thieves/valets instantly know where you live.
Is there a way to remove a charge place from the map & not allow it to repopulate the next time you charge there again?

Last edited:
On 4.5 it has a tab for past charging places you've used. One of them is my home (duh).
One of the security measures I've learned from law enforcement (a topic of debate for another time) is NOT to put your home address into the Nav systems of cars because thieves/valets instantly know where you live.
Is there a way to remove a charge place from the map & not allow it to repopulate the next time you charge there again?

I had wondered about this in another thread myself. I have ended up with several charge locations saved at the same spot (due to slight GPS inaccuracies, I assume) and would like to delete the duplicates. While it does show my home location, it is not identified as such, so a thief wouldn't necessarily know which charge spot is my home. I suppose if it was the only residential location, that might be a clue.

They do not seem to have a way to delete any previous charge locations. Mine even has the Fremont factory address listed, when the car was first charged. They probably need a way to allow the end user to edit/delete these, and also mark the address as "do not store in the future". Also, my home address is in multiple times because of GPS inaccuracies, if everyone's I like that, it would be easy to figure out which address is your home address.

You don't keep your car registration and in insurance card in the glove box?

Well, after a couple of days, my car is back to extending its handles in Park again. Not sure why. I didn't do a re-boot or anything, but they just started working again...

seems like a few things on the car behave this way, don't work for a while then eventually sort it out. my guess is that this is a component authentication issue. i'm guessing that for safety and security they have a handshake system between components of the security sub-system, i.e. the doors, trunks, ignition (or our equiv.).. maybe some components take a little longer, or need the software in a certain subroutine, to acknowledge a new hardware or firmware install and it takes a day or two to cycle through... once all components have shaken hands and the hardware registry is updated accordingly, then everybody starts playing nice... just a theory.

Well I suppose on other cars the glovebox is lockable, so that could cover it. But then I agree it is a bit paranoid. In today's world, I think if anyone wanted to find out where anyone lived, it's possible. You'd have to try very hard to make it not possible.

- - - Updated - - -

So, is the current official status of 4.5 "on hold" again? I'm still amazed that I haven't even been prompted to install any flavor of 4.5.

You don't keep your car registration and in insurance card in the glove box?

I do but it has my mailing address on it, not the address where my house is. The charging location list is the only thing in the car showing or listing where my house is, and I would also like to be able to delete it.

- - - Updated - - -

seems like a few things on the car behave this way, don't work for a while then eventually sort it out. my guess is that this is a component authentication issue. i'm guessing that for safety and security they have a handshake system between components of the security sub-system, i.e. the doors, trunks, ignition (or our equiv.).. maybe some components take a little longer, or need the software in a certain subroutine, to acknowledge a new hardware or firmware install and it takes a day or two to cycle through... once all components have shaken hands and the hardware registry is updated accordingly, then everybody starts playing nice... just a theory.

I doubt this because at the end of an update everything is shut down and restarts, presumably so that everything can do whatever discovery and handshaking may be necessary after the changes. It wouldn't make sense for things to slowly propagate their updated status over several days.