Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless of course you buy some Feb. $9 calls like I did this a.m. at $0.29.
I tried to do this. Put in the order with a $.30 and headed to a meeting, which was the ask at the time...and the stock shot up enough between the time I created the order and hit the submit that I just missed my chance :(

FWIW, I had a very small JASO set of 10 and 11 Feb22 lottery tickets and expected to likely lose those. The rest are LEAPS.

I tried to do this. Put in the order with a $.30 and headed to a meeting, which was the ask at the time...and the stock shot up enough between the time I created the order and hit the submit that I just missed my chance :(

FWIW, I had a very small JASO set of 10 and 11 Feb22 lottery tickets and expected to likely lose those. The rest are LEAPS.

Close call. I am glad to hear this, now there is actually a chance for me to make money on these. If your order got executed then they would have gone worthless :tongue:

Just kidding, but you have been a good contrarian indicator as others have pointed out. I wouldn't be surprised to see my JASO calls go worthless anyway. I was banking that when one tranch of the warrants expire on the Feb 13 (or somewhere around that date) that the company starts releasing PR's to prop the stock up to say $10, so that my calls triple. The problem is that the general market needs to cooperate.

Close call. I am glad to hear this, now there is actually a chance for me to make money on these. If your order got executed then they would have gone worthless :tongue:
:grin:, yea. In this case, I won't shed much of a tear since failing to pick that up means my other JASO stuff was improving.

Odd day in solar. Usually the solars move in a pack (even if some are leaders and some trailers). Today there was quite the spread of green and red.

Oh, question (really a newb thread question I guess), you got yours at .29, but I can only bid in .05 increments. I'm guessing that's an Ameritrade limitation?

:grin:, yea. In this case, I won't shed much of a tear since failing to pick that up means my other JASO stuff was improving.

Odd day in solar. Usually the solars move in a pack (even if some are leaders and some trailers). Today there was quite the spread of green and red.

Oh, question (really a newb thread question I guess), you got yours at .29, but I can only bid in .05 increments. I'm guessing that's an Ameritrade limitation?

Yes. can't remember the exact cut off but must place bids in .05 increments when bid under certain dollar amount per contract and .10 if over that threshold.

This is one of the reasons I am a huge bull in solar. Not only is solar the right thing to do, but the power grid in the US is really starting to show its signs of age.

For the first time that I have heard of anywhere in the US, there is not enough power available in the New England area to meet demand. This means prices will be going up and since solar is the fastest and most likely, most cost effective way to add power to the grid there will be a need for more solar energy systems.

In my opinion this is just the writing on the wall. I believe that within the next 10 years we are going to start hearing of this happening all over.

New England Swings from Energy Capacity Surplus to Shortfall | Energy Manager Today

In other news, my CSIQ and JASO are nice and green today. Icing on the cake of an historic TSLA day, no?

Yes, today was a good day for me to unload my feb and March jaso options. I kept half of my feb 8 calls and half of my march 10 calls. I lost money on the march 10 ones I sold but made money in everything else.

I still have yge and tsl that are severely upside down. I bought all of them in November. So they were not short term plays.

Yes, today was a good day for me to unload my feb and March jaso options. I kept half of my feb 8 calls and half of my march 10 calls. I lost money on the march 10 ones I sold but made money in everything else.

I still have yge and tsl that are severely upside down. I bought all of them in November. So they were not short term plays.

I bought all my JASO MAR and JUN calls in October so I know exactly how you feel about your YGE and TSL options. I'm still hoping for a miracle here to minimize losses and today gave me a lot of hope even though the volume was low.

I bought all my JASO MAR and JUN calls in October so I know exactly how you feel about your YGE and TSL options. I'm still hoping for a miracle here to minimize losses and today gave me a lot of hope even though the volume was low.

I will add to the camaraderie that comes in losing together/winning together. I have a JASO March 22 call that last week had NO bid price. Today up to 5cents. Does not pay to sell it. Hope it goes up with ER but not counting on it.

Glad I made a delayed spread last week (pure luck for the timing). With this news in planning on selling my calls this am and I will try to time the bottom to buy back the ones I sold. They are leaps though so the movement won't be quite as drastic.

Glad I made a delayed spread last week (pure luck for the timing). With this news in planning on selling my calls this am and I will try to time the bottom to buy back the ones I sold. They are leaps though so the movement won't be quite as drastic.

I am not gonna tell tou to not do that, but the dillution is only 5-10% and they had a good preannouncing as well. With the difference there is on the bid/ask with LEAPS it might be a bad idea. Then again I am not an expert on this.

Last edited:
I am not gonna tell tou to not do that, but the dillution is only 5-10% and they had a good preannouncing as well. With the difference there is on the bid/ask with LEAPS it might be a bad idea. Then again I am not an expert on this.

Trying to decide if we get a quick drop if it is a good time to add to my position in the stock.....Guess my target is a dip of more than 10% (arbitrary number on my part...but using the 5-10% dilution as a base)