Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Performance -- Impressions After First Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Better range due to lower circumference of wheel. Not wheel weight. Wheel weight make no difference in EV cars only ice cars it’s effects. Right now with year end clearance price difference between MYLR & MYP is only $1500. Bad side of MYP is the staggered set up. Go with square set up and you will be fine.
I don’t believe it’s the circumference as much as the aero covers…

$1500 interesting
LR 10% plus range
perf has insane 0-60, track mode, spoiler, looks amazing
im very happy with my perf
You’re not taking the MYP to the track, the car is too heavy for any track performance. MYP is fast for straight roads only. My 22 MYP gave me 220 miles on 90% charge while my other 23 MYLR gave me 280 miles last September driving up to Boston from central Nj with the defogger on all the way. The wheel and tire do make a difference, the weight of the MYP according to Tesla is 100 lbs, but I think it’s more than that.

You’re not taking the MYP to the track, the car is too heavy for any track performance. MYP is fast for straight roads only. My 22 MYP gave me 220 miles on 90% charge while my other 23 MYLR gave me 280 miles last September driving up to Boston from central Nj with the defogger on all the way. The wheel and tire do make a difference, the weight of the MYP according to Tesla is 100 lbs, but I think it’s more than that.
Diff strokes