Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model Y Performance lead time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have a delivery appointment, you can submit the down payment. In the short time frame a week and a half ago when I had an appointment before they texted and said the EPA was an issue, I submitted down payment. So yes, I've paid for a car they haven't delivered and aren't technically supposed to sell yet. I'm kinda stupid like that XD

Hopefully we all get ours starting tomorrow would be nice, I'm not quite holding my breath yet though.
Did they actually deduct your final payment? Mine has not been withdrawn, even though the app shows that that step has been accomplished. I assume they're waiting until the delivery date before transferring funds but who knows...

My Y has had a vin for over a month now and my rep has confirmed it is done and being stored at 77% battery. I live right by the Fremont factory.
Wow! That’s got to be a bit frustrating with living right next to the factory, car is built, but due to what sounds like a misunderstanding or increased government control, you can’t receive your car. I got Tesla Wall Charger installed last week and have four months to get my auto registration to the electric company for installation reimbursement; am on the east coast so wish me luck!

Yep. It would be nice if they would communicate with the affected customers instead of leaving us in the dark to spread the word amongst ourselves.
Here’s the latest… 😢
IMG_0996.jpeg

Reactions: NCRiderSW
due to what sounds like a misunderstanding or increased government control
Tesla's estimated range was incorrect for certain models (like the MYP) so the EPA had to retest. I've been told that there is (or will be) a software update tethered to this change as well, in order to reflect the corrected mileage. Another reason why these deliveries could be delayed even further.

Reactions: NCRiderSW
Watching this thread closely as i bet most of you are. MYP ordered last Saturday under "available inventory" and "arriving soon". It's supposed to be at the local Tesla on Sunday for estimated pickup between 3/11-3/20. In this thread i am seeing i'm just a baby as far as wait time, so definitely prepared to be as patient as most of you seem to be.

Just last night the option to pay my final balance opened up in the app, but still no invitation to schedule pickup.

If i get anything concrete regarding pickup, i'll definitely drop it in here.