Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Last Week Model Y Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I decided last Friday to trade-in my 2022 Model 3 LR with 54,000 miles on it to Tesla for a Model Y Performance my local SC had just gotten into inventory (Silver, no hitch, black interior, no FSD). Tesla gave me $27,215 for my VERY high mileage car that had paint chips/defects consistent with a 54,000 mile car. With the sales tax credit on my 27k trade-in, I got what amounted to $29,000 for my Model 3 on trade. I signed the few pieces of paper Tesla needed feeling pretty good about the price I had just paid For the Y, and I knew I was in for a beating on my Model 3 trade-in as I researched it’s value prior to trading in.

Overall, the trade-in and delivery of new Tesla was simple. The fit and finish on my Y was impeccable. This is my third Tesla delivery so I know what to look for while inspecting it for the first time. It was a sunny day and I really went over all the panel gaps and alignments and openings and closings, etc. The MSM paint job was great. The glass was clear all-around with no film some others have mentioned. Really, I couldn’t be more impressed with the particular Y I happened to get. Nothing needed to pointed out to my delivery representative.

The Y Performance is incredibly fast. Crazy what the acceleration is on this 4,500lb SUV. The extra space over the Model 3 is also a welcome addition (for me) that now allows for an entire drum set including the 22“ kick drum in it’s hard case which never came close to fitting in my Model 3.

So, a positive story with nothing but praise for Tesla THIS time around. Whenever my Cybertruck reservation turns into a delivered vehicle, I’ll see if it goes as well as last week did.

A month ago I went from a 2018 Model 3 with the Acceleration Boost and FSD into the new Model Y Performance and I'm just as pleased as you are. I like not having to bend down getting in and out of it. I can get more things in the back thanks to the hatchback and there is a lot of storage space to use. The Model Y really suits my needs, it cost less than the Model 3 and it's quicker. I do miss the Ultra Sonic Sensors though, that was a huge mistake by Tesla getting rid of them, but HW4 with better cameras and matrix headlights are great.

A month ago I went from a 2018 Model 3 with the Acceleration Boost and FSD into the new Model Y Performance and I'm just as pleased as you are. I like not having to bend down getting in and out of it. I can get more things in the back thanks to the hatchback and there is a lot of storage space to use. The Model Y really suits my needs, it cost less than the Model 3 and it's quicker. I do miss the Ultra Sonic Sensors though, that was a huge mistake by Tesla getting rid of them, but HW4 with better cameras and matrix headlights are great.
I agree with missing the ultra sonic sensors. What a mistake Tesla made. I park in my garage and the Vision is awful next to the USS. Vision just cant see the front of the car and low objects in its path. Shame.

Reactions: Resist