Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be unable to listen to the CC but this is a great beat. I was lucky that I added to my position in LEAPS and stock with some profit that I took from sale of CSIQ after the ER there. It is a little scary how well some of these solars are doing. When to buy seems easy on these. When to sell is another story. Looks like JKS transitioning nicely from producer of panels to supplier/integrator of projects...'soup to nuts' type of company now.

CSIQ CanadianSolar | Press Release

GUELPH, Ontario and TORONTO, Nov. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) (the "Company", or "Canadian Solar"), one of the world's largest solar power companies, today announced that its subsidiary, Canadian Solar Solutions Inc., has entered into a sales agreement with a fund managed by DIF ("DIF"), whereby DIF will acquire from Canadian Solar four utility-scale solar power plants located in Ontario, Canada, totaling 40 MW[SUB]AC [/SUB]at a valuation comparable to other recent project sales completed by Canadian Solar on a per megawatt basis in the Ontario market. The agreement is subject to usual closing conditions, including the completion of financing for the construction of each solar plant which is being arranged with the participation of leading international banks.

I really hope that you have not invested any money in JKS if you are asking if there is a reason to think JKS will have a good ER. The answer is that they are going to hit another grand slam like CSIQ did. I think JKS results might be even better than CSIQ from a stock perspective.

JKS will have a blowout

I am glad that JKS did have a blowout, because it proves that it pays off to do research. That is why I encourage everyone to research solar stocks as much as possible. I know that you are all busy, but this was (and still probably will be) an investment opportunity of a lifetime. I am just as busy as everyone else here, if not busier, but I sacrifice everything else in order to find time to research these companies. It really can be a life changing opportunity, because Wall St. doesn't care about solar and nobody on the street does any research on solar. This is the only way that the little investor can get an edge and make huge returns.

My research led me to believe that JKS will blow out and that is why I went from 0% JKS on Friday morning in my 401k to 50% exposure by the end of the day.

The solar rally is not over, it is only getting started. You can buy and hold and make money on virtually any solar company, but only with research will you find the true gems.

TSL reporting tomorrow. I have stayed away from TSL, because it was valued more than CSIQ on a market cap basis and that was not right. Now that the market caught up and CSIQ has higher market cap, I started taking interest in TSL. I may have found the "holy grail" with TSL in my latest article; enjoy.

Congrats to all solar investors. This should be a good day and hopefully a great week.

I am glad that JKS did have a blowout, because it proves that it pays off to do research. That is why I encourage everyone to research solar stocks as much as possible. I know that you are all busy, but this was (and still probably will be) an investment opportunity of a lifetime. I am just as busy as everyone else here, if not busier, but I sacrifice everything else in order to find time to research these companies. It really can be a life changing opportunity, because Wall St. doesn't care about solar and nobody on the street does any research on solar. This is the only way that the little investor can get an edge and make huge returns.

My research led me to believe that JKS will blow out and that is why I went from 0% JKS on Friday morning in my 401k to 50% exposure by the end of the day.

The solar rally is not over, it is only getting started. You can buy and hold and make money on virtually any solar company, but only with research will you find the true gems.

TSL reporting tomorrow. I have stayed away from TSL, because it was valued more than CSIQ on a market cap basis and that was not right. Now that the market caught up and CSIQ has higher market cap, I started taking interest in TSL. I may have found the "holy grail" with TSL in my latest article; enjoy.

Congrats to all solar investors. This should be a good day and hopefully a great week.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you get? Common or options?

I have been researching solar heavily over this past week and weekend, hours per day. I am more and more convinced we are gonna make a killing if we can focus on the successful ones. My research indicates massive international adoption of solar. CSIQ continues to sign contracts. I am becoming bullish on Trina Solar (TSL) as well. JKS is already up 10% + pre-market. Wow! This will be a good week in Solar and we will most likely go higher rest f the year. Congrats.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you get? Common or options?

My 401k is stock only, that is why I was comfortable putting 50% of my money into JKS. Stock is a safe way to play ER. I bought some options in my other accounts on Friday as well, but more in TSL actually. Options are too risky to play ER. I bought most of my JKS options 1.5 months ago when they were really cheap. Waiting till ER to play options is not the way to go.

I also bought some JKS Dec $33's on Friday, so about 12% OTM. The stock is up 12% today and my options are up over 70%, just to prove that you can make money on virtually any option when a stock goes up 12%.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: JKS up 14%, Dec $33's up 100%.

I placed the same ITM Call buy for TSL as i did for JKS. I just went out for March options though for the extra security and the ability to hold them and play Q4 ER while i am at it.
We will see how it plays out. (Also still hold my original TSL position at $11)

Last edited: