Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Performance Announced - Discussion thread post announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I think proximity to manufacturing facility matters more than when order was placed. I ordered within a minute or so of launch, but being in Canada my estimate is July.
So you’re aok with the 460hp version then?
Nice!

I’m in GTA and simply can’t push the button until I see proper tests of the LG vs Pano across the diff speed ranges.

Or someone is able to confirm it’s rounding error :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Junni and spennnyy
Watching the Autotrader review Rory said something odd about the staggered wheels that I have not been able to gainsay or confirm:

He said that the tyres are 235/35R19 at the front and 275/30R20 rear, which is not what I expected at all. Has anyone seen any other concrete data on this or did he misspeak?
He misspoke. The wheels are both 20's it's the tire width that is staggered.

Reactions: arkhos and mpgxsvcd
So you’re aok with the 460hp version then?
Nice!

I’m in GTA and simply can’t push the button until I see proper tests of the LG vs Pano across the diff speed ranges.

Or someone is able to confirm it’s rounding error :)
Haha yeah to be honest I didn't even realize there was a difference when I placed the order - I just wanted to get in line as soon as possible.

Bit of a bummer that there's a difference between the US/international versions, but for me it's not a huge deal as I'm coming from a simple commuter ICE car, so I think it'll still feel really fast. 🙂

Very disappointing!!! Only .2 second. What were they thinking? I guess I'm keeping my 2021 performance with 18 inch Tsportline.
I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised when they actually put a Dragy on it without any passengers. I think Tesla has sandbagged that 0-60 mph time a bit. With a fully optimized battery I believe this car will be capable of running the 2.9 time without rollout subtracted.

Adding 16% max torque to the rear motor is very significant. That is something like a 10% overall improvement. That is more than a .2 second difference.

IMG_4940.png

Didn't the old model 3 do 0-60 in 3.0s?

Am I the only one underwhelmed with the performance "increase"?
No, you are not the only one underwhelmed by that metric. I thought they would drop the thing into the 2.7-2.8 sec range 0-60 to go mid 10's for the quarter mile to keep ahead of the competition from BMW, Hyundai and the like. Based on that, it will be lucky to run a 10 sec pass at all, but lets see - by keeping more horsepower under the curve after 60 mph, that could greatly reduce the previous 60-100 mph time, which is still very useful at the drag strip or on a race track. I guess it is pretty much battery limited at this time, so performance could increase as battery capacity increases.

No, you are not the only one underwhelmed by that metric. I thought they would drop the thing into the 2.7-2.8 sec range 0-60 to go mid 10's for the quarter mile to keep ahead of the competition from BMW, Hyundai and the like. Based on that, it will be lucky to run a 10 sec pass at all, but lets see - by keeping more horsepower under the curve after 60 mph, that could greatly reduce the previous 60-100 mph time, which is still very useful at the drag strip or on a race track. I guess it is pretty much battery limited at this time, so performance could increase as battery capacity increases.
I mean very high 10s to low low 11s will still be faster than the N. I thought the m3 was in the 11.3-11.4 range

How long until we see these heavily discounted? End of the year?

Unless you mean used, they were launched "heavily discounted" since for anyone who can take advantage of the point of sale tax credit, they are cheaper than the LR version. I doubt they get much cheaper than they are now, and in fact would expect them to get more expensive. Its simply NOT SUSTAINABLE in any form for the LR to be more expensive than the P for most of the people who are going to buy this car.

They will need to either lower pricing on the LR or raise pricing on the P, to fix that. As I said before, one of those choices makes them more money and one makes them less. Unless the company is about to go under or gets extremely cash strapped, I wouldnt expect them to do the thing that makes less money.

Unless you mean used, they were launched "heavily discounted" since for anyone who can take advantage of the point of sale tax credit, they are cheaper than the LR version. I doubt they get much cheaper than they are now, and in fact would expect them to get more expensive. Its simply NOT SUSTAINABLE in any form for the LR to be more expensive than the P for most of the people who are going to buy this car.

They will need to either lower pricing on the LR or raise pricing on the P, to fix that. As I said before, one of those choices makes them more money and one makes them less. Unless the company is about to go under or gets extremely cash strapped, I wouldnt expect them to do the thing that makes less money.

Changing what they need to change to add the LR to the $7500 credit list would significantly reduce demand for the performance. Low 40s for the LR would be awesome, and hopefully bring back the performance 3 for around $46-47k.