Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why no FSD (supervised) for those cars stuck on software branch 2024.8.9?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just going to ask this same question, both 2019 M3 & 2020MY still on 2024.8.9

So no free FSD yet. What’s the deal? Is the FSD trial over or is it still going out?

Thanks
I'm still looking for the cause of the software branch 2024.8.9 not being updated. ❓⁉️

Did you ever buy or subscribe to FSD previously? I did; subscribed once last fall to test it for one month.
Wondering if that might be related.

No one knows why 2024.8.x or a newer build hasn’t picked up FSD v12 yet.

We have two Teslas, a 2023 Model S and 2023 Model Y, both with HW4 and both on 2024.3.x builds with FSD v12. The Y has FSD, transferred from a previous car, and the S had EAP until I recently purchased FSD for $2k after my 30 day free trial ended. Not sure why the S wasn’t updated to 2024.8.x before I purchased FSD. I did subscribe to FSD for a couple of months last year, but that shouldn’t matter.

Will model year 2022 with USS get 2024.14?
I would think, yes.

I started this thread to try to figure out if there was a common denominator for cars that had been stuck for weeks on software branch 2024.08.09.
We never got an answer to that; but it seems to me that there were lots of Teslas, models & model years, that had been stuck; and now they are not.

So I'm guessing the other cars stuck on that will get the new software just as soon as the Tesla servers can dispatch it out to thousands more vehicles. But that's only my surmise.

I would think, yes.

I started this thread to try to figure out if there was a common denominator for cars that had been stuck for weeks on software branch 2024.08.09.
We never got an answer to that; but it seems to me that there were lots of Teslas, models & model years, that had been stuck; and now they are not.

So I'm guessing the other cars stuck on that will get the new software just as soon as the Tesla servers can dispatch it out to thousands more vehicles. But that's only my surmise.
Let’s hope so…still on 24.8.9 2022 MYLR.

I have a 2023 MX with 2024.8 and as of this morning still do not have the update. It seems that all the people that are getting it have either a M3 or MY. Has anybody with MX refresh received the update from version 2024.8 yet?
This is updates for 2024.8.9 builds to current
IMG_1673.jpeg

I have a 2023 MX with 2024.8 and as of this morning still do not have the update. It seems that all the people that are getting it have either a M3 or MY. Has anybody with MX refresh received the update from version 2024.8 yet?

I have a 2023 MX with 2024.8
You have a good model to get 2024.14.x as so far those versions have only gone to AMD / MCU3. For the vehicles that use TeslaFi service, so far there's been 8 S/X all 2023 that have installed 2024.14.6 whereas there's still 156 S/X Refresh/Plaid in the US waiting on 2024.8.9. So roughly it's a 5% deployment which matches Tesla's rollout strategy of evaluating whether it's ready to expand to more of the fleet.

Tesla is likely evaluating in parallel whether 2024.14.x is ready to go to the new Model 3, Intel / MCU2 vehicles, etc.

Great, thanks for the information. So hopefully in next few days or a week or two. I had actually paid for one month FSD back in March (before the price drop) for a long distance trip..However, it did not come with the Park Assist. Im afraid to subscribe again, as Im sure if I do I won't get the 30 free trial..

Great, thanks for the information. So hopefully in next few days or a week or two. I had actually paid for one month FSD back in March (before the price drop) for a long distance trip..However, it did not come with the Park Assist. Im afraid to subscribe again, as Im sure if I do I won't get the 30 free trial..
Man same here - paid for a month in Feb for a road trip. Have another road trip next week up to UF, hope that free month comes soon.