Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What other vehicles do you have in your garage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Besides a 2010 Traverse (replaced with Model X next year) and my 2004 Chevy Silverado pick-em-up truck, the following beauties sit in my garage:

View attachment 44543

(1964 1/2 Mustang and 1965 Pontiac LeMans GTO)
Flasher I am ENVIOUS! My first car (used) was a 64 1/2 Ice Blue Mustang with what they called the 'cobra-jet' engine. I had zero money to really maintain the body and rust eventually ate it up :(

Currently: Besides the MS; RR sport (going bye bye when X comes...a true gas guzzler, but my wife loves it); a Volvo S60 (daughter) and a Toyota Tundra (gas guzzler #2)

OkeyDokey...... :)

How can I play the "I've got something in my garage that NONE of you have"?

Hmmm....

1. 1980 BJ40? Well, it is entirely possible that some of the CANADIAN members here might have one of those.

2. 1984 BJ70? That's a little rarer, even though it's younger than its little brother. But both of these are going to be pretty scarce within the Tesla-Crowd.

Ah...here we go:

3. 2003 Pisten Bully 280D. There is no way that even the loco-est of you have one of these. It is exceedingly rare for any individual to own, or want to own, one...except...I have seen one or two similar critters on private roads north of Tahoe, so there is a minute chance some Tesla owner might be able to contradict my claim.

4. 2006 Caterpillar 287B? I'll not bet a lot of money on it, but most individuals will have something a little smaller.

5. 2005 Caterpillar 305CR. Now, that's pretty unusual. One of my favorite, and most useful, toys.

6. 2001 Ford E-350 4WD 7.3. THAT's also really rare: there are very few diesel, 4WD, vans. It took me years to locate one.

I challenge any of you to match me with any one of these. The rest of my fleet is bog standard stuff: F-350, F-250 flatbed, 2006 VW TDI Golf, 1998 Subaru Outback. Plus the assortment of snowmachines, 4-wheelers, and motorized and non-motorized boats.

Have at it! :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

...big list...
That is some list!!! What was/were the Toyota LandCruisers you drove? (and how'd ya git them tanks? Gulf #1?)

I just sold my 1981 Delorean in January, three weeks before getting my MS.

I also have:
2010 BMW Z4 35i...currently for sale since we need the garage space.
2002 BMW M5 (E39).. I'm keeping this as my 'bad weather' car so the MS can stay in the garage when it snows

And if you add in my g/f's cars:
2009 BMW 335i convertible
2004 Acura MDX (aka the mom-mobile)

Dennis, don't you have a Fisker Karma? Or, am I mixing you up with another Dennis on here?!

Yes, I used to own a Karma. I sold it 6 months ago after the warranty went away and I was also worried about getting replacement parts. In retrospect, while it was a beautiful car it was severely compromised in a number of areas. The only advantage it had over the Model S was in handling, and that went away after I got the P+ suspension upgrade. Here's the new owner driving it away :rolleyes:

byebye_zps86b75cde.jpg

Last edited:
Well, when most of what I enumerated have top speeds of well under 10mph, any rampage would be at Ent-speed. Of course, as well all know, once those Ents got going..... :scared:

Even the Pisten Bully, for example: it takes 20 hours to groom the Denali Highway from mile 0 to mile 42 and back. That's one LONG day!

I bought my first "race car" on Saturday as I'm planning to enter a chumpcar race later this year with a friend.

It's a 1995 Dodge Neon with ~40,000 miles. Can't wait to take it lapping for some practice...
neon.jpg