Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD Purchased November 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! That’s one heck of a list! We are certainly enjoying it.

I will be interested if we ever get anywhere near the rated 272 mile range, but otherwise am very pleased.

I’m going to capitalize on as much of this 6 months of free supercharging as I can.
Ours is 9 months old and we are seeing that range consistently
LFP is becoming the new battery tech standard across the industry

Sunday and around noon we still had 59%. So it seems we will likely be able to settle into weekly free supercharging and maybe topping off at home at night.

I’ve yet to get the garage space cleared out, but it’s getting high on my priority list, just not so much for Tesla charging (since we can charge at supercharger free and easily).

Sunday and around noon we still had 59%. So it seems we will likely be able to settle into weekly free supercharging and maybe topping off at home at night.

I’ve yet to get the garage space cleared out, but it’s getting high on my priority list, just not so much for Tesla charging (since we can charge at supercharger free and easily).
Tough to get motivated when you get it free
If you are not doing the electric yourself, plan on waiting for the electrician. Plan ahead

Reactions: mknmike
Your driving range is a function of your efficiency and capacity. Your car is new so capacity will not be a problem. Track efficiency in the car's Energy app. It's not too difficult to drive less than or equal to your rated efficiency about 225 for model 3 rwd iirc; however, we all do things that increase energy usage. Net flux is zero.

Reactions: mknmike
Tough to get motivated when you get it free
If you are not doing the electric yourself, plan on waiting for the electrician. Plan ahead
I've got the Nema 14-50 in the new garage subpanel (I installed) and the mobile charger. So really the only thing I need to do to be better prepared to charge at home is clear out a garage space for the car to use while charging. It can double as a space for a classic Mercedes convertible for most of the time too. Ideally I will fit two old mercedes in there, perhaps one a project, and the other a driver (that I can pull out to charge the tesla when it's cold). The charager cable can run under the garage door that I can leave open a crack. If I was to continue using the charger under the door, I'd cosider other options, like at least cutting out some concrete to assure no pressure is ever on the wire.

I'm good for now though. Thanks!

I've got the Nema 14-50 in the new garage subpanel (I installed) and the mobile charger. So really the only thing I need to do to be better prepared to charge at home is clear out a garage space for the car to use while charging. It can double as a space for a classic Mercedes convertible for most of the time too. Ideally I will fit two old mercedes in there, perhaps one a project, and the other a driver (that I can pull out to charge the tesla when it's cold). The charager cable can run under the garage door that I can leave open a crack. If I was to continue using the charger under the door, I'd cosider other options, like at least cutting out some concrete to assure no pressure is ever on the wire.

I'm good for now though. Thanks!
Cut a hole in the garage wall and install two RV doors, you can insulate inside
And get a NACS handle mount for outside
1702406649966.png

Reactions: pipestem
Cut a hole in the garage wall and install two RV doors, you can insulate inside
And get a NACS handle mount for outside
View attachment 998668
Masonry garage. So cutting would be a mess. I did look at the idea of using one of those doors though. It looks ideal. Thats for confirmation that's a good workable idea (when you can get through the wall without hammer drills, brick chisels, etc).

I do also like the idea of one of these instead of sometime leaving the handle laying on something nearby...
$20:

$15:
Amazon.com

$7.53:

Last edited:
Settling in to just ordinary car usage now.

Noticed that the cameras can get quite useless in the rain, not as good as the backup camera on our 2007 Honda Pilot (I think based on just one time).

My wife was very surprised she was able to fit 10 folding chairs in the back, and apparently never thought a Sedan could do that type of stuff. I don’t think she’s ever had a sedan with folding rear seats, only SUVs her whole life. Glad we did this!

Reactions: pipestem
My father went to pick up his M3 RWD today. Everything is great, he accepts delivery. Then we get in… error code. Front passenger restraint system fault. Didn’t even drive it and it had to go straight to SC. They were very nice, apologetic and luckily gave him a loaner. My dad took it well also. But super bummed for him! Only 4 miles on the ODO… anyone else have an issue like this at their pickup?

My father went to pick up his M3 RWD today. Everything is great, he accepts delivery. Then we get in… error code. Front passenger restraint system fault. Didn’t even drive it and it had to go straight to SC. They were very nice, apologetic and luckily gave him a loaner. My dad took it well also. But super bummed for him! Only 4 miles on the ODO… anyone else have an issue like this at their pickup?
No

I’m pretty sure there are gray RwD w black interior here for $35.090 right now, and white interior ones for $35,990. I’m not sure of the exact numbers, but I’m pretty sure they are $4000 off list and $1200 less that we paid just a few weeks ago ($2800 off list).

Being the end of the year with the federal incentive ready to drop, it seems like the best time ever to buy.

Reactions: kpanda17
I’m pretty sure there are gray RwD w black interior here for $35.090 right now, and white interior ones for $35,990. I’m not sure of the exact numbers, but I’m pretty sure they are $4000 off list and $1200 less that we paid just a few weeks ago ($2800 off list).

Being the end of the year with the federal incentive ready to drop, it seems like the best time ever to buy.
I picked up that spec a week ago for $35,090, minus $1,000 for my Cubertruck reservation. With the $7,500 tax credit you just can't beat it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231224-154309.png
    Screenshot_20231224-154309.png
    322.3 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: RazorB and kpanda17