Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Refresh Model S wheels on Legacy 2017 Model S Reference

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me start off by saying I love learning new things and I am OK with breaking stuff at the cost of learning. Do this at your own caution, I will not take responsibility of your actions.

I love the refresh 2021+ model S wheels with the aero covers and I hated the way my 2017 model S' wheels were deep inside the fenders; it looks off and cheap (in my opinion). So I decided to get some refresh wheels from a local guy for like $200, they had bad rash and bad tires.

I researched on this forum and on FB groups where people had installed these same wheels and the consensus was that the front wheels did not need any type of spacers but the tire would rub on the fender liner at full turn and the rear needed a minimum of 5mm spacers for it not to hit on the suspension. I know all Tesla cars are not made the same and it turned out mine wasn't an exception as my car needed a minimum 12mm of spacers in the front and 10mm in the back to fit.

Here are the list of items I went with for my set up:

4x 15mm hub centric wheels spacers for Tesla cars - easy install
20x Dorman 610-490 M14-1.5 Serrated Wheel Stud - 8 hour job if you have to run back and forth to the auto parts store like I did

4x Tesla Model S 2021+ Refresh aero wheels
my Tire Set up was as Follows
Front - 255/45 19 - OEM
Rear - 265/40 19 - If I would have done anything else differently is I would have purchased at least 275/40 tires or the OEM 285/40 tires but unfortunately for me, those weren't available at the time but I do have plans on switching these in the near future.

Here are my results! on to the chrome delete :)

Attachments

• IMG_1849.jpg
    IMG_1849.jpg
    614.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1850.jpg
    IMG_1850.jpg
    806.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1873.JPG
    IMG_1873.JPG
    523 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1871.jpg
    IMG_1871.jpg