Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upset that Tesla screwed customers who took delivery in the last few months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am seeing the trend here too.

It’s 2023 why are you posted 2019 nonsense thats isn’t even technical. You only make money if you understand charts and not gamble based on published articles that have one goal in mind and that’s to manipulate the market. Charts don’t lie.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
It’s 2023 why are you posted 2019 nonsense thats isn’t even technical. You only make money if you understand charts and not gamble based on published articles that have one goal in mind and that’s to manipulate the market. Charts don’t lie.
I mean, it seems like everyone has an agenda. Do we really think people like @EXOTIC1 aren’t here to pump the stock and reinforce their own chosen narrative? He’s been telling us all day about how Tesla voluntarily undertook a massive and abrupt across the board price cut not because they had to to sustain demand, but because they want to squeeze their nascent competitors out of existence.

Come on. Denial ain’t just a river in Egypt. 😂

I mean, it seems like everyone has an agenda. Do we really think people like @EXOTIC1 aren’t here to pump the stock and reinforce their own chosen narrative? He’s been telling us all day about how Tesla voluntarily undertook a massive and abrupt across the board price cut not because they had to to sustain demand, but because they want to squeeze their nascent competitors out of existence.

Come on. Denial ain’t just a river in Egypt. 😂
Will be great to revisit this thread in 2024 and see how it all shakes out 👍
The great thing is besides fb today the forum reading has given some great entertainment.
ESP from @ucmndd you still lost me at #1 …. and you should look into bottling up on the website the flatulence juice & tequila Classic stuff very funny!
and @buster84
Thx fellas good times & entertaining

My boy Jackpot Joey, throwing some dimes early

Last edited:
Will be great to revisit this thread in 2024 and see how it all shakes out 👍
The great thing is besides fb today the forum reading has given some great entertainment.
ESP from @ucmndd you still lost me at #1 …. and you should look into bottling up on the website the flatulence juice & tequila Classic stuff very funny!
and @buster84
Thx fellas good times & entertaining

My boy Jackpot Joey, throwing some dimes early
What exactly are you expecting 2024 to uncover that’s going to somehow vindicate your blind allegiance?

What does victory look like here?

Reactions: buster84

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230116_053944_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230116_053944_Chrome.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 268
Trying to see the bigger picture. This is going to force other manufacturers to drop their prices too, so EVs will become more affordable. More EVs, a better charging network, more servicing centers, etc. So while I lost $ on my late December purchase, ultimately I'll still gain from this. Even if it's not the re-sale price.
like your positive outlook!!! - still hurts when I look at my car payment (after putting $10k down) and I still owe more than what I can buy a new one for.

• Funny
I agree 100%. Many people here will buy another EV in the future and it will help them financially. Also, Tesla might raise price back up after March expiration date.
If someone bought any car for the resale purpose, he/she is dumb.
like your positive outlook!!! - still hurts when I look at my car payment (after putting $10k down) and I still owe more than what I can buy a new one for

• Funny
If you are unhappy with Tesla's FSD or AP, there is no cars on this plant can make you happy for that functionality. $7500 credit is not for everyone, so that should not be the basis for your calculation
People who don't qualify for the $7500 credit can't even relate to the argument, us, the working class are making.

Being in an income bracket ($300k filing jointly) they haven't even noticed the price drop.

As a new tesla customer I am pissed that Tesla did such a huge price drop. Feel cheated by Tesla...
Just took delivery in early December. This is such a huge change in price. I think it shall be protested by consumers who got screwed overnight..!

People who took delivery in the last few months..! What are your thoughts on this giant price reduction!
We need to unite as buyers and put some pressure. Musk really took advantage and price gouged

Thanks Yelobird for your sarcastic comment. Sudden price drop of 13000 without any consideration for recent buyers tells that there were huge margins and there was price gouging going on for a while. Musk could offer at least Enhanced autopilot or even FSD to recent buyers where their purchase significantly depreciated in few days.

• Funny
Thanks Yelobird for your sarcastic comment. Sudden price drop of 13000 without any consideration for recent buyers tells that there were huge margins and there was price gouging going on for a while. Musk could offer at least Enhanced autopilot or even FSD to recent buyers where their purchase significantly depreciated in few days.
Sure he could and people would still be PO’d and complain - read the thread for reasons. Too many situations and variables. I paid for AB and FSD, why shouldn’t you? Because you’re unhappy?

Price gouged in the negative? Thanks for joining today to share your wisdom.
There's no such thing as negative price gouging. This is called price beveling, and it's an awful practice.

As a new Tesla customer who purchased a MYLR and is eligible for the tax credit, I find the new pricing outrageous. I bought this vehicle expecting it to appreciate and with future resale value in mind, now there's no way I will get the same amount of money back had I purchased it at a greater price. The Tesla website offers no options to revert back to the 2022 pricing, and representatives at the service center were rude and uncooperative when I asked them to charge more on this one purchase.

There were only 12 days in January to take advantage of the 2022 pricing. Musk is personally responsible for this decision and now I only see him being of questionable worth as a human being, business owner, and twitter personality. At a minimum, I should receive free FSD and unlimited supercharging forever to make up for the loss of value I would have had were it not for the discount.

We're in an inflationary period entering into a recession. My money needs to be spread out across assets that can be resold at a higher price once a recovery begins. Losing 20% of the value of an asset now means I am losing that much in appreciation on the sale at a future date. Future me is kicking my butt for not buying a day before.

There's no such thing as negative price gouging. This is called price beveling, and it's an awful practice.

As a new Tesla customer who purchased a MYLR and is eligible for the tax credit, I find the new pricing outrageous. I bought this vehicle expecting it to appreciate and with future resale value in mind, now there's no way I will get the same amount of money back had I purchased it at a greater price. The Tesla website offers no options to revert back to the 2022 pricing, and representatives at the service center were rude and uncooperative when I asked them to charge more on this one purchase.

There were only 12 days in January to take advantage of the 2022 pricing. Musk is personally responsible for this decision and now I only see him being of questionable worth as a human being, business owner, and twitter personality. At a minimum, I should receive free FSD and unlimited supercharging forever to make up for the loss of value I would have had were it not for the discount.

We're in an inflationary period entering into a recession. My money needs to be spread out across assets that can be resold at a higher price once a recovery begins. Losing 20% of the value of an asset now means I am losing that much in appreciation on the sale at a future date. Future me is kicking my butt for not buying a day before.
"I bought this vehicle expecting it to appreciate " .... Mmmmmm, that is a completely unrealistic expectation and detached from reality. A car is a depreciating asset, no matter what Elon says.

I see what you did there.

Reactions: Richh001
It’s shocking to me how many people who, I assume, are of sound mind can think “would you write a check when Tesla raises prices!?” is some kind of slam dunk argument. It’s word salad they think makes a point because their King Elon tweeted it so it has to mean something!

Can someone please explain to me why any retailer ever offers a price match or return period?

Furthermore, every single person on this forum who has said “would you write a check when they raise prices!?” should IMMEDIATELY boycott any store that offers returns, exchanges or price matches as it is completely against those people’s principles.

Status
Not open for further replies.