Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upset that Tesla screwed customers who took delivery in the last few months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t get much more textbook of a definition of a hypocrite than someone who has ever returned exchanged or price matched an item but then comes here to flail wildly about how none of those things should exist and you’re nuts to ask for it. Crazy.
No, crazy is comparing a car purchase to TV/stereo etc...

Sure he could and people would still be PO’d and complain - read the thread for reasons. Too many situations and variables. I paid for AB and FSD, why shouldn’t you? Because you’re unhappy?
You are right some people will still be pissed and offering something like a free software upgrade will earn Tesla some goodwill amongst the group who suffered the most, just days before price reduction. Basically good PR and continued brand loyalty from at least some in the face of this situation.
Can’t get much more textbook of a definition of a hypocrite than someone who has ever returned exchanged or price matched an item but then comes here to flail wildly about how none of those things should exist and you’re nuts to ask for it. Crazy.
Couldn’t agree more.
"I bought this vehicle expecting it to appreciate " .... Mmmmmm, that is a completely unrealistic expectation and detached from reality. A car is a depreciating asset, no matter what Elon says.
While expecting the vehicle to always appreciate may be somewhat removed from reality (then again used cars have appreciated over last year or two - unusual times), it surely shouldn’t depreciate the way it just did, specially when induced by the retailer/manufacturer themselves.

Can you drive a TV down the road at 120?
LOL. Well, if you add an engine and wheels and are okay with some danger, sure.

My point is that cars are a commodity. A bunch of identically produced items. Sure, they're much more expensive than a box of QTips, a TV, or whatever, but they're a commodity nonetheless.

Furthermore, many car dealerships DO offer returns and exchanges. It is NOT unheard of, and is in fact common. In fact, Tesla itself used to offer returns, and do price matches within 7 days of purchase.

So why do so many people here flail wildly at some people's request that Tesla do something similar again now? It doesn't make sense.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Pray tell, say they offered free FSD to everyone who missed the December sale but bought before the band aid got ripped off….

Now those people will complain about how they were “forced into buying FSD”.
I've never stated what specific resolution I believe Tesla should provide, if any. I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of people screeching about how it's nuts for people to even dream about or request that Tesla provide something for recent buyers when Tesla themselves has done just that in the past.

Also, every single one of these people who now stand on principle against returns exchanges or refunds has taken advantage of those exact benefits in other situations. To me, that's insane.

Cars are a commodity. A mass produced, identical item. How are they any different? Please enlighten me.
Cars are titled property that most people finance or lease and generally involve the navigation of significant government regulation and financial paperwork to register and operate. This is why essentially zero car dealers have return policies, and even those who tried it for a while like Tesla gave it up.

I don’t expect a price match/return policy on other titled property I buy either, like homes.

Price match and return policies are voluntary structures that some retailers put in place in high competition / low margin sales environments. It’s also something you can and should consider BEFORE the purchase when deciding where to buy from. Tesla has no posted price match policy. If that’s important to you, you should probably have selected a manufacturer/dealer that offers such a guarantee. Demanding one after the fact because things didn’t go your way is not rational.

Also, every single one of these people who now stand on principle against returns exchanges or refunds has taken advantage of those exact benefits in other situations. To me, that's insane.
It’s probably insane because you fabricated the argument and now you’re flogging it like the straw man it is.

Nobody “stands on principle against returns and exchanges”. I stand on principle against insisting a retailer who has no such policy should be compelled to invent one retroactively for people who KNEW no such policy was in place when they voluntarily made a purchase.

Cars are titled property that most people finance or lease and generally involve the navigation of significant government regulation and financial paperwork to register and operate. This is why essentially zero car dealers have return policies, and even those who tried it for a while like Tesla gave it up.

I don’t expect a price match/return policy on other titled property I buy either, like homes.

Price match and return policies are voluntary structures that some retailers put in place in high competition / low margin sales environments. It’s also something you can and should consider BEFORE the purchase when deciding where to buy from. Tesla has no posted price match policy. If that’s important to you, you should probably have selected a manufacturer/dealer that offers such a guarantee. Demanding one after the fact because things didn’t go your way is not rational.

Most of this is just not true.

A car is not real property. It is a commodity. A mass produced, identical item. The fact that you get a title changes nothing. A home and real property is NOT a commodity, and has no relation to cars or TVs or QTips. My Model Y is identical to your Model Y.

Many dealerships offer return policies right now. Not sure where you're getting your information from?

The largest dealer in the US, AutoNation, offers a return policy Money Back Guaranteed
Mercedes-Benz offers a return policy on every CPO car that is sold by any MB dealer. Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Cars and SUV
Many other large dealer groups also offer a return policy.

Tesla itself has had a return policy. How can you not understand that it's reasonable for people to ask for them to bring it back without people here coming to tell them they're insane to even request it?

Also, so because they don't have a posted return policy, everyone should be prevented from even advocating for it because you don't think they deserve it? Please.

Many dealerships offer return policies right now. Not sure where you're getting your information from?

The largest dealer in the US, AutoNation, offers a return policy Money Back Guaranteed
Mercedes-Benz offers a return policy on every CPO car that is sold by any MB dealer. Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Cars and SUV
Many other large dealer groups also offer a return policy.
Neat examples of dealers offering return policies on USED cars. May even be relevant if we were talking about used cars. Where are these “many” examples of large dealer groups offering a return policy on NEW cars? To say nothing of retroactive price matches…
Also, so because they don't have a posted return policy, everyone should be prevented from even advocating for it because you don't think they deserve it? Please.
We shall call this one Straw Man #2. Who is saying you should be “prevented from even advocating for it”? Advocate all you want, for all the good it will do you.

Last edited:
Neat examples of dealers offering return policies on USED cars. May even be relevant if we were talking about used cars. Where are these “many” examples of large dealer groups offering a return policy on NEW cars?

We shall call this one Straw Man #2. Who is saying you should be “prevented from even advocating for it”? Advocate all you want, for all the good it will do you.
Who is saying it? You. You are saying it. LOL. You continuously flail wildly that it shouldn't even be considered and is ridiculous to advocate for it.

• Disagree
Reactions: Dennisis
Who is saying it? You. You are saying it. LOL. You continuously flail wildly that it shouldn't even be considered and is ridiculous to advocate for it.
If you’d like to show me where I’ve said you should be “…prevented from even advocating for [a retroactive price match / return policy]” I’ll be waiting right here.

We are in a discussion forum. I am discussing. Nobody is “preventing” you from advocating for what you think is reasonable any more than they’re preventing me from saying it’s stupid.

If you’d like to show me where I’ve said you should be “…prevented from even advocating for [a retroactive price match / return policy]” I’ll be waiting right here.

We are in a discussion forum. I am discussing. Nobody is “preventing” you for advocating for what you think is reasonable any more than they’re preventing me from saying it’s stupid.
Exactly. Rather than trying to convince others they're wrong that energy could be put use getting with Tesla and advocating for the "injured". When people post here they are foolish just to expect everyone to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.