Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6 month free supercharging offer not honored after Tesla delays delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,
I recently leased a new Model Y. I shopped for the car and booked it during the 2023 december holiday season and specifically chose one from the inventory that could be delivered by end of the year to avail the 6 months free supercharging offer.
Initially it was delayed and I was given an option on Dec 27th to select other vehicles from inventory, however I was told that the car i selected can still be delivered by end of the year.
On Dec 30th I was allowed to schedule delivery of the car and I chose Dec 31st so as to not miss out on the 6-months free supercharging offer.
On the morning of Dec 31st I was informed that the car got delayed and it'll be delivered on 3rd Jan. This time I was given no other option and had to agree to the Jan 3rd delivery.
On Jan 3rd, when i took delivery of the car, I was told that it doesn't come with the 6-months free supercharging incentive. When I spoke to the sales guy he shrugged it off saying it is maybe $100 value and I'm not losing much.
I feel this is very unprofessional and unethical behavior.
I held up my end of the deal, just because Tesla delayed on their end I'm being denied what was promised.
Now, the sales team has also ghosted me and not responding to my requests.
Can somebody who have been in similar situations suggest the best course of action? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: VipinLJ
Nice that they came through, in my opinion you got lucky.

I was in the same boat as you with regards to purchasing a new Y before the end of the year. I read the caveats on the 6 month free supercharging incentive and it specifically talked about no guarantees they would actually deliver by the 31st.

I used a supercharger two days after obtaining my Y and sure enough they didn’t charge me and my account shows supercharging is free for 6 months.