Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Really getting annoyed at Tesla - delivery experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

I bought a Model Y long range before Feb 29 to take advantage of three things:

- $1000.00 discount (Cybertruck reservation holder)
- FSD and Free Supercharging transfer from my old Model X
- Tax rebate of $7500.00 and MD tax rebate($3000.00 - which had ran out a while ago, but Tesla doesn't tell me that).

The FSD and Free supercharging was the main motivation for us to buy the car.

So I sent an e-mail today to get the form I can use to make the transfer happen. I got an e-mail back saying it is too late, the transfer could only happen BEFORE delivery! I called on the phone and they were very adamant that I have missed the transfer, so not much I can do.

We asked and were told MULTIPLE times by sales and delivery people that the FSD and free supercharging is available to transfer after delivery, until the end of March. We even asked on the day of delivery as we drove away and were told by the end of March. We were cautioned not to wait until last minute (like the last day or march), but we should be ok.

Not sure what to do now.. this potentially cost me over $15k!

Anyone with such experience of Tesla not honoring what they said? What did you do to make them make it right?

Get used to it. The rules and conditions change monthly and without notice I.e. pricing, incentives, etc. It’s maddening!!
That's my experience as well. Why is that though? I would assume that rules and regulations would come from a central source. So if a customer has a question Tesla reps can consult a single database which remains updated. It's more like the Wild West, with dealerships making things up at will.

Unfortunately, this just sounds like a case of the sales and delivery staff being straight up wrong. Tesla has never offered any post delivery FSD transfers. It has always required signing the transfer paperwork and committing to it before delivery.

But unless you follow online discussions very closely you wouldn't know that for sure. Pretty ridiculous they got this wrong.

Reactions: RSpanner
Hey all,

I bought a Model Y long range before Feb 29 to take advantage of three things:

- $1000.00 discount (Cybertruck reservation holder)
- FSD and Free Supercharging transfer from my old Model X
- Tax rebate of $7500.00 and MD tax rebate($3000.00 - which had ran out a while ago, but Tesla doesn't tell me that).

The FSD and Free supercharging was the main motivation for us to buy the car.

So I sent an e-mail today to get the form I can use to make the transfer happen. I got an e-mail back saying it is too late, the transfer could only happen BEFORE delivery! I called on the phone and they were very adamant that I have missed the transfer, so not much I can do.

We asked and were told MULTIPLE times by sales and delivery people that the FSD and free supercharging is available to transfer after delivery, until the end of March. We even asked on the day of delivery as we drove away and were told by the end of March. We were cautioned not to wait until last minute (like the last day or march), but we should be ok.

Not sure what to do now.. this potentially cost me over $15k!

Anyone with such experience of Tesla not honoring what they said? What did you do to make them make it right?
From my experience is all verbally agreement does not mean anything. Sales and Service Advisor know nothing more than you and me. However, if you see anything online posted by Tesla, take screenshot, those counts. So ya, deliver must be happen before March 31 to get those two transferred as stated on their email, SMS and website.