Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Neighbor took delivery today - received 2022 build?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why the hostility? She bought the vehicle with my referral, so I maybe do have an idea of the particulars of the transaction. I am asking about the legality of Tesla delivering a 10 month old vehicle to a customer who bought it as new. Not sure why the validity of this story is being questioned, and with all due respect, your post doesn’t really add to the discussion.

If I purchase a 2021 pickup truck from Ford that got left on a back lot and forgotten about that has never been sold to anyone else, it is a "new car" purchase, the date of manufacture has very little bearing on what is considered "new".

Keith

<edit>Looks like the OP has abandoned this thread as of Friday... probably talked to the neighbor and found out it was an inventory car that she got a several thousand dollar discount on and is too embarrassed to come back to the thread to confirm that for us </edit>

Last edited:
Reactions: morbidz
I bought a new 2015 Z06 in April of 2016. Chevy had 15% off '15 models and tacked on to the dealer discount I ended up with 20k off. It can happen.
None of these recent posts about how normal it is to get an old stock vehicle being sold as new, is at all relatable to the OP's post. It's 100% clear that you can purchase a vehicle, even a few years old, and have it considered new. Just look at Lexus and the LFA. The OP is claiming their neighbor was on a waiting list for months, like more than 8, for a 2023 Model Y. When it was finally delivered, it showed a build date of 12/2022. There's no way that happened. The OP has gone dark and is not responding to questions. Maybe they finally communicated with the neighbor and discovered they ordered a vehicle from local inventory. They don't want to come back and admit they were wrong, so here we are. :)

It took 3 months for my MYP to be made and delivered last year. What do you mean?
I ment that, right now (when this OP said "My neighbor just took delivery after a few months.. which is right now), its not taking a few months for any model Y to be delivered. Last year is not relevant to right now. I also explained this later in the thread.

Reactions: DanDi58