Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No response when pressing accelerator, can't find warning log and no dashcam footage after a collision

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
This is my first post since buying our Tesla 18 months ago. Everything has been 100% great until yesterday when driving on a national speed limit road my wife said she lost power to the accelerator and the car began to roll from 50mph. The road was clear ahead and it wasnt the usual lane departure type correction. I have the regenarative brakes set to max so would have expected the car to come to a stop after a short distance however from what she said this did not seem to be the case as she didnt want to stop on a busy road so rolled on for a short distance maybe 100m. She said there was a orange warning triangle on the display however as she didnt have her reading glasses and given the text is too small to read easily her attention was on steering. She took the next right hand turn to exit the road however the car behind her decided to overtake at speed and they collided as she started the turn causing significant damage to the entire right hand side of the car. When I got to the car, and after checking my wife was shaken but not stirred, I looked at the logs however the warning she saw was not there. Just the usual stuff like doors, boot etc. but nothing around the time of the collision. Does anyone know where this information resides and how to access it? Whilst not directly relevant to the crash it will be a worry once we get the car back from the bodyshop eventually if we dont know what caused this. Would welcome any info or suggestions from anyone who has had or heard of a smiliar event and how they resolved it.... other than reporting it to Tesla which I will have to do if I cant find out anythig 3rd party.

The car and app software are fully up to date as of yesterday.

I have recording set to auto and honk and given if was a fairly big collision (given how much it will cost to repair) I expected there to be dashcam recording however this was not the case. I have seen another thread that mentions light collisions but this was very hard and although our airbags didnt deploy both did on the other vehicle. Unfortunately my wife didnt honk after she came to a stop which is understandable.

Thanks for reading and hope for some light so can confidently drive this car again.