Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Version 10.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
despite the growing blind spots, if you back out slowly, the oncoming cars will see that and react.

They may, or may not.
If they fail to react and run into you, the car that was backing out of the parking spot unsafely (yours), will be at-fault for the accident.

Today, every human backs out of a spot blind. If you have a rear passenger, with their help you are less blind. The rear camera is like the ultimate rear passenger - they're as far back as you can go. Which is why I think I'm much safer relying on the rear camera view than looking back.

It all depends on particular car's visibility out of the rear window vs. rear-view camera's angle.
In most German cars, and all rentals I ever drive, I find that relying on looking directly out the rear view window is the best and the safest way of backing out: partly because visibility is really good (German sedans), partly because I don't trust a random rental car's camera.

In some cars, like minivans, rear viability is total crap, and you can only rely on rear view camera and rear radar with cross-traffic alerts.

In a Model 3, rear visibility is sub-optimal. So the only practical choice is to rely on the rear view camera that has limited side view depth, and no cross-traffic alerts. Not great, but tolerable.

And the same reason I think FSD backing up will be safer than a human backing out.

Not without rear radar that gives cross traffic alerts capability (most cars!), and not without side facing cameras in the bumpers (most German sedans)!

a

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc
Are we done discussing this yet?

Plenty of parking lots ‘round these parts insist on head-in parking only. Municipal ordinances dictating such.

It’s nothing more than a money making scheme, but that’s true for a vast majority of parking (and even moving) violations.

So I’m done discussing surely ... fact of the matter is that backing in isn’t always acceptable.

Back to V10 talk... this twitter user claims this is not Early access, but 28.3.7.

I can’t help but think it might be some V10 testing. The animation for changing lanes is very similar to the autonomy day animation if you watch the video - where the camera shifts for better blind spot view and there is a ghost car where you will change lanes.

Tesla Life of Deenchik on Twitter

Attachments

• 5DBB1EF2-9A80-4C8E-A8D2-249946700FC2.jpeg
    5DBB1EF2-9A80-4C8E-A8D2-249946700FC2.jpeg
    273.8 KB · Views: 84
Back to V10 talk... this twitter user claims this is not Early access, but 28.3.7.

I can’t help but think it might be some V10 testing. The animation for changing lanes is very similar to the autonomy day animation if you watch the video - where the camera shifts for better blind spot view and there is a ghost car where you will change lanes.

Tesla Life of Deenchik on Twitter

Good catch! Yes looks a lot like what we saw on autonomy investor day. Very likely a precursor to V10! Exciting!

where the camera shifts for better blind spot view

I don’t see this in the video. The camera displayed is the rear view camera. Maybe I don’t understand what you were saying.

Would be great to have a quick side repeater pop up but I don’t have high hopes given the variable amount of time it takes the backup camera to show anything. Must be instant...

Last edited:
Hey all,

I hadn't seen a discussion of this anywhere here so I thought I'd start a thread.

Some recent tweets by Elon show that version 10 should be out by September, and will include a series of new features.

"V10 will include several games & infotainment features, improved highway Autopilot, better traffic light & stop sign recognition & Smart Summon"

According to a reddit post, the following feature were discussed in follow up tweets.

• Emoji support may come soon

• Some of the Infotainment features of V10 will require Premium Connectivity (the person who asked this in his tweet deleted it afterward for some reason)

• Sometime after V10 we can expect an update that includes the inertial wheel GPS for indoor spaces

• Will include a text message phone feature that reads messages through the speaker and can text back for you via voice

• Elon: "Hoping to get “Joe Mode” into V10. The default, of course, is normal volume, but selecting “Joe Mode” would lower the volume of strident beeps & chimes by half."
How about adding a wifi hotspot using the LTE? I am new to Tesla, just leased a Model 3 on Tuesday, so don't know if this is a tired subject. Please forgive me if so.

How about adding a wifi hotspot using the LTE? I am new to Tesla, just leased a Model 3 on Tuesday, so don't know if this is a tired subject. Please forgive me if so.

Since Tesla pays for that bandwidth that's not likely to ever happen (unless they start offering more expensive owner-paid data plans, but they can't even figure out how to bill existing owners for existing data plans so don't hold your breath on new more complex ones)

Since Tesla pays for that bandwidth that's not likely to ever happen (unless they start offering more expensive owner-paid data plans, but they can't even figure out how to bill existing owners for existing data plans so don't hold your breath on new more complex ones)
Yea I would like an option for paying for higher data audio (music) but looks like Tesla has scarped the whole paying for Premium Connectivity after a year thing. So not holding my breath.

Daytime clip from the same user:

I love the new lane change visualization!!!

I noticed in NOA, that there was no "hold the wheel" nag when the car did the auto lane change. Is Tesla removing the nag requirement for "no confirmation" auto lane changes or is the driver using the stalk to do auto lane changes? Would it be big news if V10 is actually going to give us true "no confirmation" NOA with no lane change nags!

I noticed in NOA, that there was no "hold the wheel" nag when the car did the auto lane change. Is Tesla removing the nag requirement for "no confirmation" auto lane changes or is the driver using the stalk to do auto lane changes? Would it be big news if V10 is actually going to give us true "no confirmation" NOA with no lane change nags!

I guess I haven't tested this myself but I imagine the wheel-holding prompt is just for unconfirmed lane changes, while these seem manually-initiated?

I guess I haven't tested this myself but I imagine the wheel-holding prompt is probably just for unconfirmed lane changes, while these seem manually-initiated?

Yes, I know that. And that is precisely my question. Is the auto lane change in the video manually initiated or is it an unconfirmed lane change? Because, if it is an unconfirmed lane change then it means that Tesla is removing the wheel holding prompt for unconfirmed lane changes.

It doesn’t look like an automatic lane change to me. Even on Mad Max I’ve never seen so many lane changes in such a short period of time. His 3 doesn’t even overtake any other vehicles in the last 2 lane changes in the video.