Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla software team consists of young kids?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve never owned a car with a panic alarm feature, nor do I have any idea what that would do much less want it. On the other hands I do have kids and they think the fart sounds are the height of comedy, and I like seeing them happy. Different priorities for different people, eh.
Well, I think a panic alarm feature will be a great feature to have for security when you need to charge at supercharger at night in the area that isn't so safe. I charge at home normally but people have to use supercharger when traveling and you can't always tell how safe the area is.

And yet, Tesla software team spent their time on fart sound
Fart sounds are a miniscule amount of development time compared to more complex features. It would not surprise me if the first fart sound implementation was just a couple of interns goofing around and Elon happened to find it funny.

Tesla implementing fart sounds isn't taking any meaningful time away from serious or important stuff.
I’ve never owned a car with a panic alarm feature,
That's the "find your car in the parking lot" button. Alternatively, the "accidentally wake the neighbors up before dawn" button.

This car shows where it is on a map, no honking required.

Well, I think a panic alarm feature will be a great feature to have for security when you need to charge at supercharger at night in the area that isn't so safe. I charge at home normally but people have to use supercharger when traveling and you can't always tell how safe the area is.
I’m still not really clear on what it would do? Is it for when you’re in the car or out of it?

Reactions: father_of_6
How is a panic alarm going to keep you safe while charging? All it does is honk the horn and flash the lights, which you can do from inside the car while you’re charging. Most people ignore car alarms these days, anyway.

I also have no idea what this has to do with the age of Tesla’s software engineers.

I’m still not really clear on what it would do? Is it for when you’re in the car or out of it?
It can be used as a deterrent from inside the car or out of it. With Tesla mobile app, you can monitor remotely to look around your car and if you see suspicious activities, you can manually trigger the alarm. Today, the Tesla alarm will go off only if someone breaks the window. But usually it is too late and the smash and grab thief is already gone. When you are charging at supercharger at night, you are a sitting duck for a robber or hijacker. Go watch YouTube to see how common people get robbed and have their car hijacked.

How is a panic alarm going to keep you safe while charging? All it does is honk the horn and flash the lights, which you can do from inside the car while you’re charging. Most people ignore car alarms these days, anyway.

I also have no idea what this has to do with the age of Tesla’s software engineers.
Of course you can honk repeatedly. But my point is why not have one button to do it. And it allows you to call 911 while the alarm goes off. The alarm plays psychology effects on the bad guy whether you think people ignore car alarms or not. Otherwise, people won't be installing alarm for their home or car.

I obviously don't know the age of the Tesla's software engineers that implemented the fart sounds, rainbow color and light show. Hence, my question.

When you are charging at supercharger at night, you are a sitting duck for a robber or hijacker. Go watch YouTube to see how common people get robbed and have their car hijacked.

A better solution for such a scenario would be an ability to eject the plug from inside the car so a driver can immediacy drive away from a dangerous situationr; an eject and escape button...

Reactions: Wattsisname
A better solution for such a scenario would be an ability to eject the plug from inside the car so a driver can immediacy drive away from a dangerous situationr; an eject and escape button...
There is a 3rd party peripheral that can do this, or at least it turns the car socket in to a breakaway connector so toy can just drive off.

Reactions: CapsEngineer
Definitely needed - look at all the news reports of Tesla owners being carjacked while charging.

I mean, there are dozens, maybe hundreds of reports of it right here in this forum over the years!

Do people think Tesla software team consists of many young kids? Every car manufacturer has panic alarm feature for their car for security. And yet, Tesla software team spent their time on fart sound and light show that don't matter much to Tesla owners.
I don't know the ages of the software team, but our two grandboys sure like all the features...kind of sad the games can't be played while driving anymore. I never use them, but the boys did.