Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guideline for future directors to add value to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Madmolecule

Supporting Member
Dec 28, 2022
Duluth, GA
Put a fork in FSD and Robotaxis. I don’t believe this can be approved or insured in the next 5 to 10 years. Continue to develop the technology to provide the best driver assisted experience on the market.

Start small on machine learning AI. now that we’ve had years of experience, a whole holistic approach to replacing the human is not feasible I believe in the next decade.

So I feel if they started small, with advanced parking assistance, advanced navigation, with pothole detection, pacing for traffic lights, highway convoy, advanced playlist,

What’s your name? One of the neat features originally when I got my car was being able to name it. I thought being an AI driven car that would become more important. I thought the car would recognize his name and you could just command it by its name. This is pretty much disappeared over the last few years.

Add a dashboard. The big screen in the middle is nice. The design and my mind was based around the fact that it would be a self driving car. Both the driver and the passenger would be watching the TV. This is not happening. Even on the lower and model 3& Ys a forward display would be great. I use mine all the time.

Give up on proprietary navigation. Join the best in class. team up with either Apple or Google or both and develop a user interface and experience that is compatible with everybody’s phone. If the phone is the key to the car, there should be a lot more usability in the application.

Get rid of the Sim card in the car or make it upgradable. If you need to rely on the owners phone for connectivity, that’s better than having all technology in a car that can’t be upgraded.

Give up on acceleration. Everyone gets it. EV’s are fast. Change the focus to luxury, comfort and driver experience. Try to make the cars as quiet as possible, the sound as good as possible, and take advantage of a motor by making the car as quiet as possible. Even if Range is sacrificed.

Incorporate a multiple sensor approach, using lidar, radar, ultrasonics, cameras including infrared. Also add more historical data, pothole road hazard recognition, etc.. use all of this to provide the cars computer with prevision. Where it anticipates what is up ahead and uses the other sensors on board to verify.

Incorporate other data on the display, primarily weather. It would be nice to get an alert on the display saying rain is starting in five minutes on your route.

Better windshield wiper integration and a much better car wash mode.

Enhance the EV modes, such as dog mode to provide more functionality, especially in the app. Create other specific optional AIs For Uber drivers, amazon, police, etc.

One of the most important things that need to happen for the long-term success of Tesla is break the proprietary hold on your customers

Open up the service and make it easy for other service centers to repair the vehicle and also provide collision repair services. This is the cost of repair of Teslas very expensive for insurance companies.

Up the battery replacement to third parties. it would be great to upgrade if five year-old battery on the cheap, or convert a standard range to long range. And by cheap, I mean 5 to 8 grand.

Allow our cars to be charged by third-party DC chargers. Opening up superchargers is not enough. We need to be able to fast DC charger our Tesla at other charging stations. I am not comfortable with Tesla having a lock on fuel pricing for when I travel. This is a huge issue and as Tesla needs more profits, this is a simple way for them to achieve it. What options would we have as consumers while traveling?

Provide a lot more user interface, and diagnostics on the battery and charging. Give the consumer as much information to protect the battery life and provide optimum performance on their vehicle.

Develop a real over the air update policy. Over the air update should only be used for bug fixes, recalls, and additional features given or sold to the consumer. It should not be used ever ever ever for shipping a vehicle with unfinished software. During the supply chain shortage vehicles were not shipped because they were missing Chips. Why in the world would you ship a vehicle missing software? The air updates is just an excuse, not to finish the product before shipping it. No other part of the vehicle can they have this attitude on? It shouldn’t apply to the software.

Finally focus on safety. Use the AI to protect the driver of the vehicle, not to replace the driver. The combination should be the safest vehicle on the road. Embrace, pedestrian warning systems and make the car a great citizen and vehicle on the road.

Either don’t criticize the government or criticize all governments equally. Trashing the US with all the handouts they’ve given Tesla, and keeping your mouth shut on China and Germany shows your hand pretty clear.

Develop a real marketing department. Stop using a shadow marketing department of influencers or at least get them out of the shadow. It is pretty clear most of them are not allowed to criticize Tesla without getting there funds clipped. This is just my opinion, but the fact that they try to put a positive spin on everything I can find no other explanation.

I do think it’s a cool car, and Tesla has brought EV to the market. If they’re going to continue to dominate, they need to focus on Tesla, safety the driver experience and give up on Collaborations with SpaceX and X and XXX for that matter.

Focus on Tesla being a manufacturer of amazing EV the leading EV fuel supplier and providing the best driver experience and safety. Also embrace unions, I believe management is responsible for building crappy US vehicles. Stop focusing on pumping the stock by promising future tech., with dojo, the bot, the semi, the roadster, the greatest AI chip ever, revolutionary HVAC, cheap housing, rocket technology in a car, bricks from the hyperdupped hole in the, flame throwers, tequila and insurance.

Do not downgrade your customers vehicles in the future without compensation. To kill the ultrasonics and radar on my car after they were sold to me cannot ba a smart move and in my mind shifts a lot of safety liability to Tesla. to disable safety equipment on my vehicle cannot be a smart move for investors and replace it with only beta software, that you hope to get working in a year or so, but you don’t want to have the expense of developing two separate softwares. Wow just wow

Last edited:
go ahead continue to pump vaporware. Buy a Toyota or Toyota or BYD buy Tesla. Either way continuing to think Tesla value is as a robot company and not a Vehicle manufacture and provider of human driven transportation is gigacybermonovision only in my opinion. So, go ahead buy a BD real robot if you want to see cool future tech, not smoke rings.