Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cybertruck Towing an All Electric RV (Pebble Flow Review and First Drive)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More expensive than an airplane... why would someone buy this? $120k for the truck and another $120K for a RV????? Then I have to stop every 150 miles to charge.... You can save some money by getting the Ford Lightning - Flash for $68K, its probably a better tow vehicle and you can actually get one, then subtract the fed tax rebate of $7500, you are looking at $61,500 for the tow vehicle that can also provide onboard power to the RV. They only have 3900 CT's on the road, parts for the F-150 can be picked up anywhere, since there are millions of them on the road, plus all the aftermarket accoutrements you could ever want.

For the price of the truck $120K and the trailer $120K, I could buy small single prop airplane, plus fuel and travel all over CONUS, and stay in the Ritz-Carlton for a couple months, and probably eat at the best restaurants in each town... this pricing is insane!

At least give the trailer a 100 KwH battery if you are going to set the price that high and give it a real off road suspension, so I can go places that where there aren't any Ritz-Carltons. I'd take a Bruder EXP-8 with 30KW of battery backup if was going to blow $100K++ on a camper and a solid diesel truck to pull it and have money left over. (Actually, the Bruder fully loaded is like $220K) with shipping from Australia.

Or I would take the Tesla Semi platform and slap a RV shell on the back, then I might pay $400K for it and have 500 miles of range and have enough power to really stay off grid for awhile.

Last edited:
It is priced “from” $125k so who knows what it will come in at.

The tanks are pitifully small, the battery may be 7 days off grid but with only 37 gallons of fresh water good luck going that long. My camper has a 70 gallon fresh water tank and with my family of 4 we can only get by for 4-5 days without filling and we take an extra 10 gallons for drinking water.

And all that glass may look cool in the pictures but it would be like living in a greenhouse….

This is short trip a 2 person, weekend trip rig best unless you are going to a site with full hookups.

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Or I would take the Tesla Semi platform and slap a RV shell on the back, then I might pay $400K for it and have 500 miles of range and have enough power to really stay off grid for awhile.
Sign me up as well. Tesla Semi with a truck topper. I’d do an arctic fox or Lance. Something like this probably would be not much more then the CT+pebble.

Attachments

• IMG_1565.jpeg
    IMG_1565.jpeg
    496.8 KB · Views: 12
I'd actually want a sprinter van but for me it's because I need tesla autopilot esp for those super long road trips. This seems perfect for me and with the easy hitch and remote I can set it down somewhere nearby a supercharger and charge up pretty quickly.

There were so many spots up the coast along CA to Oregon which would have been perfect for this

I'd actually want a sprinter van but for me it's because I need tesla autopilot esp for those super long road trips. This seems perfect for me and with the easy hitch and remote I can set it down somewhere nearby a supercharger and charge up pretty quickly.

There were so many spots up the coast along CA to Oregon which would have been perfect for this
Super long road trips? This set up will
Get you 100-150 miles of reliable usable range.

Also no Weight distribution set up on a 6k+ trailer seems sketchy.

• Informative
More expensive than an airplane... why would someone buy this? $120k for the truck and another $120K for a RV????? Then I have to stop every 150 miles to charge.... You can save some money by getting the Ford Lightning - Flash for $68K, its probably a better tow vehicle and you can actually get one, then subtract the fed tax rebate of $7500, you are looking at $61,500 for the tow vehicle that can also provide onboard power to the RV. They only have 3900 CT's on the road, parts for the F-150 can be picked up anywhere, since there are millions of them on the road, plus all the aftermarket accoutrements you could ever want.

For the price of the truck $120K and the trailer $120K, I could buy small single prop airplane, plus fuel and travel all over CONUS, and stay in the Ritz-Carlton for a couple months, and probably eat at the best restaurants in each town... this pricing is insane!

At least give the trailer a 100 KwH battery if you are going to set the price that high and give it a real off road suspension, so I can go places that where there aren't any Ritz-Carltons. I'd take a Bruder EXP-8 with 30KW of battery backup if was going to blow $100K++ on a camper and a solid diesel truck to pull it and have money left over. (Actually, the Bruder fully loaded is like $220K) with shipping from Australia.

I don't have a pilot's license.

I like this thing but it sure is expensive.

Super long road trips? This set up will
Get you 100-150 miles of reliable usable range.

Also no Weight distribution set up on a 6k+ trailer seems sketchy.
I saw another earlier video about the Pebble Flow and I believe you can run a line to the towing vehicle to share the battery. Plus it has its own drive wheels. I'm sure there's a reduction in range compared to a vehicle not towing anything, but I don't think it's down to 100-150 miles.