Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Towing Thread - post videos/examples/results into this thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Starting up a towing thread for the CT. I found what was the first towing video I've actually seen. A good video of a CT towing another off-road electric vehicle (3k lbs) with a flat towing attachment, so not a great test since there is no tongue weight - but I'll take it since it's slim pickings at present.

This is a tri-motor Cyberbeast model with AT tires - so only 301 miles rated range. From what I heard, they were consuming an average of about 800wh/mile while towing this vehicle. So since we know that the CT battery is 123kw from prior testing - that's 123000wh. 123000/800=153.75 miles using the entire pack if my math is right. If we assume you use 80% of the pack - for example going from 90% to 10% towing over a longer range using SC stations - that'd be 123 miles per charge towing under this load. This was only 3k lbs with zero tongue weight - I'd surmise moving up to 8-10k lbs would require much higher wh/mile consumption - but we'll have to wait and see.

If you find any other examples of actual CT towing tests/videos/results - please post them into this thread! :cool:

Reactions: EatsShoots
It will be interesting to see how this evolves no doubt.

Here are towing estimates (light blue) for competitors using "miles/kWh" as the basis often shown in videos (TFL, etc).

k4TfYkb.jpg

so not a great test since there is no tongue weight
Why not a great test?
I can dial my tongue weight out to zero via the weighsafe hitch and I highly doubt the 10% of the load to cause any range issue, however me white knuckling it would have me livid.

Total weight is total weight.
Aero when towing and stop + go will remove range more than another 300lbs in the bed, off the towed load. 10k lbs is 10k lbs. spread on 8 wheels vs 6 wheels (small enough load for a small single axle trailer) would be the better comparison in this case.. imo