Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging for “lifetime of car” transfers under the current FSD & Supercharging transfer to new cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was ready to upgrade my 2020, and was hoping the Cybertruck would half way meet its design goals. I am disappointed, and don't think the new S offers much over my 2020 at this time. It has been a good vehicle if you are not concerned with the software "fixes" sometimes helping, and sometimes breaking the accessories.

Reactions: ks1972 and dsm363
I was ready to upgrade my 2020, and was hoping the Cybertruck would half way meet its design goals. I am disappointed, and don't think the new S offers much over my 2020 at this time. It has been a good vehicle if you are not concerned with the software "fixes" sometimes helping, and sometimes breaking the accessories.
I don't think it's changed enough in 4 years to make the upgrade worthwhile either. Either the S will go away or a complete redesign is in the cards I would think in the next 2-3 years.

Reactions: DerbyDave
Bringing back turn signal and gear selector stalk as standard or a paid option at least would help sales too I think.
I think they have been losing a lot of potential buyers for lack of stalks. I would replace both my 3 and S if they offered choices. I know most people say you get used to it, but, if I’m paying 90k/50k for a new car, I wouldn’t want to compromise

I want to replace my 2015 S with free supercharging. And I don't want to lose stalks, gear selector, sonic sensors (the cheap easy stuff to add back). I don't have FSD, I have wondered if I could buy an old used Tesla with FSD and do a double move to a new S. My ultimate hope, they cut the price to 55k so it can get 7500 off, or maybe some tweak so the S counts as an SUV and thus has the 80k limit.

• Funny
Reactions: gaswalla
I want to replace my 2015 S with free supercharging. And I don't want to lose stalks, gear selector, sonic sensors (the cheap easy stuff to add back). I don't have FSD, I have wondered if I could buy an old used Tesla with FSD and do a double move to a new S. My ultimate hope, they cut the price to 55k so it can get 7500 off, or maybe some tweak so the S counts as an SUV and thus has the 80k limit.
This looks like it might solve at least two of those problems: Model X/S Gear Shift Stalk Switch Turn Signal Lever Kit for Tesla
There are a couple of threads here about it.

Reactions: Seattle
I am interested in transferring both FSD & free supercharging to a proposed purchase of a new Model S
Any advice on what I should do
The sales rep is clueless !

In addition I had Free supercharging & FSD on the car, which i've lost forever purely because of Tesla's fault !!

On Mon, Apr 29, 2024 at 8:04 PM Matt Mathew <[email protected]> wrote:
I have to complain about Tesla insurance.
I took my Tesla to have some body work a month ago to Charlotte and they were going to do it.
The car was running fine, it was cosmetic
Later they found a repair done earlier by a Tesla approved facility in Greensboro
Facility mentioned that the work done in Greensboro was not done properly so they could not fix the car
I told her just give me the car like I brought it to you and forget the body repairs
Karen told me that they had cut up the car and couldn’t put it back together.!!
There were filing to Tesla insurance for the repairs . So far no response.
I also filed for rental car reimbursement Without any response!!
I’ve been screwed by Tesla at multiple levels as you can see
I’m planning to sue Tesla I Know it may not go anywhere, but the adverse publicity would not be good for the company.
Also, Negative publicity with TV interviews regarding your companies response.
The Greensboro car company agreed to pay me 41000k, when Insurance kicked in 27,000
Still waiting for over a month
Hopefully will hear from you shortly

Matt