Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I admit I've been skeptical of the existence of this Supercharger. But this evidence from Tesla's own site is changing my mind:

trin.png

Now it's just a matter of getting in the car and driving for hours to take some excellent photos then driving for hours back home and posting them in this forum thread to great accolades and much rejoicing. Simple, really. Anybody could do it. You just have to hop in the car and go. . . .

The biggest problem is that once you get to Trinidad and start charging, what else are you going to do? At least the other superchargers in CO have stuff to do nearby. Heck, even the Cheyenne, WY one has a mall and such (and there are pics of it out on Plugshare).

The biggest problem is that once you get to Trinidad and start charging, what else are you going to do? At least the other superchargers in CO have stuff to do nearby. Heck, even the Cheyenne, WY one has a mall and such (and there are pics of it out on Plugshare).

I've found the lobby area in HEIs to be very nice for sitting and watching TV for a bit. You can even hop on their WiFi and do some work or other things. If you're traveling with family, the tables are great for board/card games.

Oh, there's plenty to do. I reckon it'd take at least 2 hours to catch up on the various Model X TMC threads, after taking some pics of the supercharger parking lot. So, plenty to do. Then, I'd turn around and go home. :)

The real problem is anyone coming from Denver or Colo Sprgs would get stranded there if the SC is NOT up and running. One of you guys in NM will have to check it out, as you have an out to the south, if it's not up. :smile:

The real problem is anyone coming from Denver or Colo Sprgs would get stranded there if the SC is NOT up and running. One of you guys in NM will have to check it out, as you have an out to the south, if it's not up. :smile:

We do? Where? You mean Santa Rosa (3h, 196 mi away)? Farmington (297 mi, 5hr 23 min away)? Gallup (5hr 36 min, 387 mi away)? Oh, wait, you must mean Tucumcari (3hr 22min, 200 mi away)... forgot all about Tucumcari. Never been there since it's basically way over on the extreme eastern edge of the state, near that other state the name of which begins with T and I don't mean Tesla :)

I wish it were. I strongly suspect they haven't even broken ground on it. Spoke to the Comfort Inn in LV today and they don't even know what a Tesla is let alone the fact that a set of supercharger spots are being added to their parking lot. They did say there is some construction going on in the parking lot area but didn't know what it is for. Sigh.

Now it's just a matter of getting in the car and driving for hours to take some excellent photos then driving for hours back home and posting them in this forum thread to great accolades and much rejoicing. Simple, really. Anybody could do it. You just have to hop in the car and go. . . .
I crossed state lines to go recon Lake Charles on a good rumor of construction... Twice!
I was well rewarded on the second trip with contractor-grade info about other sites out for bid.
But of course I selected weekends when wifey was out of town.

Still haven't Supercharged in Lake Charles yet! (McCharging at 6kW, however...:D)

No, you would not be stranded in Trinidad.
If the Supercharger is not operational, there are at least 4 RV parks there (locally) and six more in nearby Raton, NM.

Granted, the goal is to visit, confirm the Supercharger is operational, take a picture, Supercharge, get back in your MS and return home.
Post the picture and positive field report of your fun adventure on TMC.
Not to just re-charge @ a 14/50 outlet in an RV Park (which is definitely time consuming).
UGH.

Actually it is closer and quicker to drive from Denver (Lone Tree): 183 mi to Trinidad than from Tucumcari, NM: 199 mi.
AND Colorado Springs is 129 miles, and could be a round trip (in an 85) WITHOUT even using the Supercharger (if one is not active).

Drivers:
Where is you sense of adventure?
Accomplishment?
Service to fellow Tesla owners?

Anyone willing to take the plunge and visit Trinidad?
And put this to rest?

I am charging at Trinidad right this moment. Itexists. Very shiny and new. Onepull-forward space, and five back-in spaces. Getting 368mi/hr. Wendys snd Shell Food Mart on premises. Guy inFood Mart said it opened last week. Dunno,maybe Iam first to charge?

Photos later when I'm home.

By the way, stopped at Las Vegas NM and the crew was there and they're well underwsy with consttuction of the chargers there.

typos blame on iphone

update--gonna try to attach a photo grom iphone here goes

image.jpg

Last edited: